To preprder or not to preorder? - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #61
Danneskjold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
The Stennis we have in game is very simple since no US based carrier aircraft were player controlled previously - not counting user mods. You cannot compare what is in the game today to what ED is working on to support the Hornet.
So that's a "no," the stennis doesn't work.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #62
AndrewW

It's funny seeing all these people complaining about paying $60 for the Hornet, when funnily enough the exact same complaints were made about the A-10C 6 years ago and the price was exactly the same, $60.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68644

A-10C, AV-8B, F-5E, F-86F, FC3, FW190D-9, Hawk, Ka50 2, P-51D, Spitfire, UH-1H, F/A-18C preorder!
Old 01-13-2018, 12:29 PM   #63
EightyDuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewW View Post
It's funny seeing all these people complaining about paying $60 for the Hornet, when funnily enough the exact same complaints were made about the A-10C 6 years ago and the price was exactly the same, $60.

Unfortunately, a significant amount of people seem to have little to no grasp on what it takes to run a business and develop a product. Thinking companies just poop out a product with an "excessive" price tag just to make a quick buck from Joe-consumer.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #64
Axelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by padonis View Post
Something else is written here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/

"DCS: F/A-18C Hornet is planned to be available for download as Early Access by the end of Spring 2018."

Everyone should complain about such a long preorder and not support such ideas. The next module will become the standard, and the next preorder will last for a year ... Unfortunately, most of you will still be applauding ED, despite this approach. I am saddened by the lack of respect for the client.
I remember when Ubisoft put Far Cry 4 on pre-order at full price and something like 8 month away from release. Now talk about a lack of respect...

Quote:

Yes but Hornet full price is $80 bucks not $60...

Last edited by Axelerator; 01-13-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:47 PM   #65
funkyfranky

Quote:
Yeah, and it will probably always be like that. People have to develop an aircraft themselves. Only then they would realize how much effort it is. Well, a lot do actually. That's something we should not forget.

Personally, I think the modules are worth twice or even thrice the money. But it's an "optimization problem". Not many would/could afford it for the price it is actually worth. So yes, $60 is a lot of money and I understand that not everyone is happy. But at least to me it is still a bargain given what we actually get.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:01 PM   #66
Johnny_Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cann0nF0dd3r View Post
I was shocked to see that it is available for prepurchase however it was disappointing that the early access isn't until the end of spring. Not in EDs part by any means, I will be deploying in early spring and wont get to fly it until late fall when I get back stateside! Not sure if I want to prepurchase now for the $20 off or wait till I get back and see if it goes on sale at all, I have been eagerly awaiting this module!
Just wait until the actual release date is confirmed
then in the last 10 minutes before it is released buy then
Money is better off in your bank account earning you interest
and you will still get the discount, it is a win win for you :-)
Old 01-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #67
Cann0nF0dd3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Rico View Post
Just wait until the actual release date is confirmed
then in the last 10 minutes before it is released buy then
Money is better off in your bank account earning you interest
and you will still get the discount, it is a win win for you :-)
Problem with that is i will most likely be overseas when that happens!
Old 01-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #68
Revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneskjold View Post
So that's a "no," the stennis doesn't work.
No, that is not what I typed. I typed the Stennis, that we have in game, is a very simple rendition since no US player controlled aircraft currently operate from a carrier. What is in game works just fine for the AI. Well except for the recent release of the Harrier, but it doesn't operate from the Stennis anyways.

What the Stennis will be for the launch of the Hornet has yet to be divulged.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:44 PM   #69
flyingscotsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cann0nF0dd3r View Post
Problem with that is i will most likely be overseas when that happens!
You can buy over an IPhone, unless it's taken off in theatre?
Download will still be on the pc at home, when you get there
Old 01-13-2018, 05:12 PM   #70
javelina1

I just pulled the trigger... hope it comes sooner than we think. :-)

Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1x 500GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 39" Samsung HDTV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios & Ikarus), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift CV1
Closed Thread