DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion - Page 16 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 07:29 AM   #151
msalama
Veteran

Sure as hell the Hind (and the Hind & Hip combo) is going to be a game changer with the SoH and the new Caucasus maps. Counter-insurgency heaven for us rotorheads!
Old 01-13-2018, 08:03 AM   #152
Boberro
Veteran

Can't wait to fly together with Ka-50 as team of mass destruction
Hopefully they will upgrade old and poooooooor Kamov's avionics too. This landmower is very outdated in regards of self defence or night time attacks.

Boberro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:58 PM   #153
msalama
Veteran

Bob, they probably won't. Or if they do, they'll charge for it.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:24 PM   #154
Rogue Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyso4ek View Post
I dont like ka50 anymore, there is too much workload for a single person. An experimental helicopter, no more. This is the reason why Russia adopted the mi28 and the ka52 instead.

Mi24 does not have such a drawback.
Once you love the KA-50 long time, you will realise that she is just about right for the helicopter revolution..... not quite, but just about!

KA-50 will swallow the MI-24 whole and spit out the pips..... this is Klar.
Rogue Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:22 AM   #155
pepin1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyso4ek View Post
I dont like ka50 anymore, there is too much workload for a single person. An experimental helicopter, no more. This is the reason why Russia adopted the mi28 and the ka52 instead.

Mi24 does not have such a drawback.
I respect your opinion. I still think Ka-50 single pilot must be a project for the future. Probably the versatility in heavy combat is not the best field for this version but have such helicopter with a single pilot is for me a must have. Maybe the ka-50 was too ahead for the time. Actually with the new Russian avionic could become a real serie production
Old 02-06-2018, 06:28 AM   #156
Weta43
ED Testers Team

Quote:
This is the reason why Russia adopted the mi28 and the ka52 instead.
The Ka-50 won the competition against the Mi-28, then the USSR went broke & they bought the cheaper, simpler helicopter.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:25 PM   #157
Grodlund

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepin1234 View Post
I respect your opinion. I still think Ka-50 single pilot must be a project for the future. Probably the versatility in heavy combat is not the best field for this version but have such helicopter with a single pilot is for me a must have. Maybe the ka-50 was too ahead for the time. Actually with the new Russian avionic could become a real serie production
Do you realize that you can, with the datalink, spot targets, mark them on your ABRIS, then very easily plan and program an attack-route - that does or doesn't even fly you into the enemies engagement areas.

Then hit "Rout follow" and just ride along and do the gunning.
I personaly do not think the KA-50 has a too big work-load for a single pilot.
Sertanly not when it's not flown by a single pilot, but as part of a data-linked squadron of pilots, as it is supposeed to do.

It is truly an amazing piece of military hardwear.
Grodlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:58 AM   #158
hannibal

if the Shark and Hind can share datalink...
that would be cool...

it would be a great function for the Mi24 copilot to do this task...

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179
hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:02 PM   #159
BeastyBaiter

I don't think the Mi-24P has a data link at all. They were talking about workload on the ka-50, which is a hell of a lot lower than on the A-10C.

For the Hind, I expect workload to be much higher than the Ka-50, probably similar to the Gazelle. This is due to the missile targeting system not auto tracking, weaker autopilot and general flight characteristics of the bird. This might be partially offset with an AI autopilot, but I don't have high hopes for such things.

Regardless, can't wait to get my hands on it. Out of all the aircraft in development, I look forwards to it the most.
BeastyBaiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #160
MAD-MM

So fare can tell from the Sources don't how far they are correct, with introduce of the MI-24D on the right Side under the Belly they mount a FLIR and a low Light TV Camera.
Where such things displayed in a MI-24? Directly in to the Missile aiming View? Meantime there is no Monitor in the Cockpit.

9./JG27
MAD-MM is offline   Reply With Quote