Steam Update Error - Reported WIP

FoxxyTrotty

Players updating their DCS/steam client to latest patch (14 Feb - 2.5.6) will be unable to start DCS after update.

ED is aware of this issue, so have temporarily rolled back the patch to 2.5.5 until able to resolve this issue.

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.

• ED Team

as soon as we have more information we will pass it on

thank you for your patience

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

May I ask approximately how long it will take to fix the issue with Steam versions? Days? Weeks?

It's frustrating watching other players enjoying 2.5.6 while us steam players can't.

I feel your pain my friend. Estimates is it will be ready when it is ready. I am on steam to and suffering really bad patch fever. But I am also a developer of many years and when you hit a deployment bug like this you get stuck in trying to fix it. It could be small, it could be large and everyone is on your back to get it fixed ASAP.

So let us all give the guys at Eagle Dynamics a little room. Let them crack the bug, test it, QA it and get it to us in their own sweet time.

I feel your pain my friend. Estimates is it will be ready when it is ready. I am on steam to and suffering really bad patch fever. But I am also a developer of many years and when you hit a deployment bug like this you get stuck in trying to fix it. It could be small, it could be large and everyone is on your back to get it fixed ASAP.

So let us all give the guys at Eagle Dynamics a little room. Let them crack the bug, test it, QA it and get it to us in their own sweet time.

I guess it may take longer than usual; because patch released on friday :)

Yeah I have faith in Eagle Dynamics. I'm sure they will release a new update on Steam that has already fixed the bugs of the current 2.5.6 release. Maybe that is why it's taking a bit long right now. I'm glad they rolled back the Steam version to 2.5.5 so we can play at least. For some reason the 2.5.6 update on Steam that took place few days ago made the game unplayable (DCS.exe just kept crashing when I launch the game). Yes, let's keep patient and hope ED fix the bugs soon.

And if ED developers are taking extra time this weekend to fix the bugs. Thank you!

No extra time - no 2.5.6 for the steam-users :(

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

I guess it may take longer than usual; because patch released on friday :)

The code spirits don't riday patches. If you patch on a Friday you will have to make an offering of Pizza and Coffee. Failure to appease them can lead to a working weekend!:music_whistling:

I just wish 2.5.5.41962 was pushed to the release branch, so I can fly the JF-17, etc. and let others deal with 2.5.6 WIP state :lol:

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• ED Team

Hi all

thank you for your patience.

We patched 2.5.6 and then had a login issue due to version numbers, it has been fixed now.

We are planning another patch this week.

Thank you for your feedback and reports.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2