Fuel Performance Charts

BritTorrent

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody has any Fuel Performance charts for the M2000C ?

Something that shows things like;

- Optimum cruise speeds/altitudes for fuel efficiency.

- Optimum climb profiles.

- Expected fuel burn at various altitudes/weights etc.

- Recommended minimum fuel.

- Expected fuel burn on take off, full burn vs mil power etc.

Essentially I'd like to be able to plan full mission from scratch including expected fuel consumption, to make sure I set correct Bingo and Joker fuel levels.

Does anything like this exist? Even if it's in French I can work around that.

Also, is this something we could expect to see in the DCS Mirage manual when it enters full release?

Thanks in advance for any help.

BritTorrent

• 7 months later...
MAX, 53D, RP

In the real picture:

- we don't know the fuel flow for sure, it could be 30kg/mn, but it could be 39kg/mn Vs 42kg/mn.

- the plane is carrying exercise Magic (MAX), probably 1 fuel tank (RP), but no Super 530D, it's only simulated (53F, Fictif). Exercise Super 530D would have been 53X.

So we can't know for sure just based on the picture.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Don't be fooled by RL pictures as you have absolutely no way of knowing of that particular engines efficiency. Note the TIT is nearly 100 deg hotter on the RL jet at the same power setting which means this particular engine has poor efficiency compared to the DCS Mirage if it is based on standard figures. Subsequently using more fuel for same 85% power setting (hence higher TIT)

On the P-3 we could have 4 different engines ranging from say 92% to 105% efficiency installed at once, which would mean setting different powers for each engine - generally anything over 1/2 a power lever knob split is too much - otherwise no problem.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the P-3 we could have 4 different engines ranging from say 92% to 105% efficiency installed at once, which would mean setting different powers for each engine - generally anything over 1/2 a power lever knob split is too much - otherwise no problem.

Thanks for the return, it's interesting. :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

I sure I ask this before somewhere but can't remember the answer. What are the parameter for the Mirage engine? To clarify, for example: When the engine starts and your sitting at idle, what is the RPM range, oil etc? When you flying, what are the parameters?

I ask because using the F-16 as a comparison (because I know little else) idle RPM is 65 to 77, Fuel flow is 500 to 1500 and so on (229 engine). In the air is even more open and you only worry about maximums ( don't exceed 97% RPM, 1070C FTIT, oil from 35 to 95 psi) So as long as the parameters are within that, is ok.

The point I am trying to make, do we have similar variations on engine (and other) parameters that are consider normal on the Mirage? If so, does anyone know them?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The point I am trying to make, do we have similar variations on engine (and other) parameters that are consider normal on the Mirage? If so, does anyone know them?

All aircraft have operating limitations with specific variations that the system must operate within. So for example Max TIT is 1077 +6, -10 degrees, so 1067 to 1083 for the P-3 - outside that and engine is unserviceable..

A Mirage manual is available here - https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3205095&postcount=48

I believe the limitations are in the first dozen pages or so, but haven't had a good look.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi BritTorrent,

I'm afraid there is not many public data except what you'll find in the manual linked above (which is about an older M53-5 version of the engine, we have the M53-P2), and what is (will be) in the DCS manual.

OTOH, with its big fuelmeter, the aircraft makes it ~ easy to figure :)

For climbs, you may use those numbers (they're not the actual ones, but the "simpler" ones used by crews when they don't feel like digging in books):

- best climb speed for full A/B climb: 0.95 (clean aircraft) to 0.90 (big tanks+2 magic)

- best climb speed for MIL climb: 0.90 (clean aircraft) to 0.85 (big tanks+2 magic)

By the way:

- Expected fuel burn on take off, full burn vs mil power etc.

This one is easy to figure out: Full A/B is mandatory to take off in this aircraft, up to 250kt (light aircraft) or 300kt (heavy aircraft). :D

++

Az'

spacer.png

I sure I ask this before somewhere but can't remember the answer. What are the parameter for the Mirage engine? To clarify, for example: When the engine starts and your sitting at idle, what is the RPM range, oil etc? When you flying, what are the parameters?

I ask because using the F-16 as a comparison (because I know little else) idle RPM is 65 to 77, Fuel flow is 500 to 1500 and so on (229 engine). In the air is even more open and you only worry about maximums ( don't exceed 97% RPM, 1070C FTIT, oil from 35 to 95 psi) So as long as the parameters are within that, is ok.

I'm sure with time and once FM is settled we'll get DCS relevant documentation.

But you have to be aware that the amount of available data on the M-2000C isn't as much as what you can find for the F-16 which have a dedicated simulator and fan base for nearly 20 years now :book:

Mirage fanatic !