Bugs and Problems

baltic_dragon

I'll post a link to it tomorrow, since we have to wait for the OB update for another week ;)

Was gonna sit down and do some M-2000C campaigning now. Any chance this link post is coming any moment now? :music_whistling:

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Mission 15 Max Not Shot Down

I have tried to get past mission 15 a three times now, but I keep hitting a problem. After the flight approaches YPRES, the CAP breaks off to engage. The F-5s are destroyed, but the Gazelles are invulnerable, and the Gazelle never destroy both Mirages (first times they never fired, and the last time they killed one but not the other). From another thread, it sounds as if the CAP flight is supposed to be destroyed, and then the player is tasked to takeout the Gazelles. Since, the CAP is not destroyed the mission does not progress with the next comms. The are still invulnerable when I try to kill them.

I have both a Track file and tacview file I can provide but it looks like they are too large to attach. I am also playing on the open beta version of DCS.

PS

Another issue I noted is that ATIS was on both channel 1 on red and green as well as channel 2 on green. I presume this is an issue from the Mirage radio updates we got recently.

Thank you for the awesome campaign. I has been fun, but also a challenge due to the AI (and my lack of skill :).

Hey! The Gazelles are not only not set to invulnerable, but also there is a safeguard that sets an explosion on them when they are hit... it seems to be a DCS bug, I'll investigate with ED and try to find a solution to this.

The ATIS may be a bug with radios which are still WiP. I will soon get to updating the Red Flag to match fully new cockpit (for instance will remove wingman complaining there are no NVGs...) :)

Cheers,

BD

P.S. Please post your feedback and findings in Red Flag dedicated forums under DLC campaigns / Baltic Dragon :)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 months later...

Honestly, it might be correct in the text. I was slightly rushed thinking I might miss a trigger if I don’t get the frequency on time. It is possible that I just miss understood. When I reviewed the mission in the editor I noticed the 133.3 and was surprised. But as I was a bit rushed yesterday, a quick search did not allow me to find the text or the ogg file. But I do agree. Its a mission breaker and after 4 years, you should have heard something if it was truly a mismatch.

Hi! I think there is a bug in M01 in Coup d'etat. I played it before 2.5.6 without problems but I've restarted the campaign today and tried the first mission two times without getting further than reporting the crash site.

My wingman reports that one truck is on the move but nothing is moving. I also remember a manpad in the village but that is also not appearing.

Guess some triggers got screwed in the update.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Hi! I think there is a bug in M01 in Coup d'etat. I played it before 2.5.6 without problems but I've restarted the campaign today and tried the first mission two times without getting further than reporting the crash site.

My wingman reports that one truck is on the move but nothing is moving. I also remember a manpad in the village but that is also not appearing.

Guess some triggers got screwed in the update.

Hey, I checked and indeed the last update completely messed the AI behaviour to a point where I thought I wouldn't be able to fix it - but I found a solution. Fixed & submitted it, hope it will work fine now!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey, I checked and indeed the last update completely messed the AI behaviour to a point where I thought I wouldn't be able to fix it - but I found a solution. Fixed & submitted it, hope it will work fine now!

Good stuff! Thanks a lot for your dedication and hard work :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Gazelle cannon gun-sight is borken, it shoots WAYYY to the right now in latest update. Normally I don't fly it anyway, but I just tried yesterday. Anyone else?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

Gazelle cannon gun-sight is borken, it shoots WAYYY to the right now in latest update. Normally I don't fly it anyway, but I just tried yesterday. Anyone else?

Wrong place to ask, this is Razbam's M-2000C Campaign bug thread.

That said, Polychop are already aware of the issue (elevation and azimuth positions have switched in ED's code) but Polychop aren't entirely sure if the change is intended or a bug i.e. if ED might switch the code back in the next patch

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4214187#post4214187

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 3 weeks later...

Latest open beta version DCS 2.5.6.44266 M2000C Caucasus campaign mission m05, the lead jet won't move even after using radio f10 menu and calling ready to taxi. The HMMWV just sits in front of his jet and won't budge.

Latest open beta version DCS 2.5.6.44266 M2000C Caucasus campaign mission m05, the lead jet won't move even after using radio f10 menu and calling ready to taxi. The HMMWV just sits in front of his jet and won't budge.

Open Beta 2.5.6.x still has quite a few problems and has broken/changed a number of .lua script functions and AI behaviours.

It is also subject to significant changes patch-to-patch until ED stabilise the 2.5.6.x code base.

For this reason quite a few MP servers are still using Open Beta 2.5.5.41962

IMHO if you wish to play through the M-2000C campaign (or any other), you'll want/need to stay on 2.5.5.x as the Open Beta's base code is out of BD's control and subject to change.

Changing DCS versions https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 4 weeks later...

M12: In the current open beta on steam some radio messages at the end did not play (I was on channel 1 on both radios):

SPOILER:

the ones where you get informed about the pop-up group of 2 Su-27s (that worked before for me), and then the whole Berger story (don't know, never made it that far before).

The rest of the radio messages have always worked fine for me.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

UPD: everything works in the stable version so disregard pls and sorry

I'm having issue with the very first mission in the Caucasus campaign.

After everything is set up for taxing the flight lead says "One. Taxi out" and then just nothing happens. Tried multiple times, with and without detailed launch procedure - it just won't work.

Please advise.

Edited by laway

I fixed it and it worked on my end in previous OB... I am slowly beginning to loose patience with this.

My honest advice: stop chasing the bugs in OB - declare on last stable Version as functional and don't look at it for some weeks.