Just Looks Weird after 15 Feb Update

GrEaSeLiTeNiN

What have they done? :doh: Looks washed out, less sharp and too bright even with gamma down to 1. I also get crackling noises with commns now. (I don't use any mods.)

IcGXBIn.jpg

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Also wondering

They didn’t! Its a beta which means you agree to test it for any said bugs.

They will get it ironed out.

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

idk...other than the brightness knobs being red (which I'm assuming is due to the red flashlight being pointed at them), I don't see too much of a difference between the cockpit in those pictures tbh. The outside does look nice on the right picture though.

Might just be me

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Ok, so I flipped the HUD-MFD Day/Night switch on the right console to Night mode and that made the fonts and lines look sharper (less bright). The Day mode was on by default even at this darkness level.

1d2mssN.jpg

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4

2.5.6 introduce some new fx into the DCSW, so the whole game is affected.

JF17 HUD have beee fixed internally, it will be available when the update is pushed out.

Thanks. Can the fix include putting the HUD Day/Night switch in the appropriate position by default for air starts? Right now I believe it's set at Day even when you do a night or before dawn air start. For that matter, could the flood/console lights also be included in the fix to be turned on by default in very low light air starts instead of the pilot having to fumble for the flashlight? That would be more logical/realistic.

Regards

In another thread, uboats has posted a fix for HUD brightness knob working at night - this worked for me to remove the HUD green background so I could see through it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4213582&postcount=3

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Can you guys do me a favor and check a bug for me. Day or night turn on the Flood light, do you then see some random split second black object flashing in/out your VR hmd every few seconds?

Seems to only happen in the JF17 for me. And with the flood knob on (day or night).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

idk...other than the brightness knobs being red (which I'm assuming is due to the red flashlight being pointed at them), I don't see too much of a difference between the cockpit in those pictures tbh. The outside does look nice on the right picture though.

Might just be me

Nah, most everything looks better. Some tweaks needed here and there, but it's getting there. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Can you guys do me a favor and check a bug for me. Day or night turn on the Flood light, do you then see some random split second black object flashing in/out your VR hmd every few seconds?

Seems to only happen in the JF17 for me. And with the flood knob on (day or night).

There have always been artifacts from the lighting limitations, I think t has trouble with multiple light sources. Is it only since 2.5.6 or worse then before? I’m 2D only though

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Lighting has been OK for me, but no VR. I seem to recall there was an issue/technical reason for VR having that object you speak of. Try a forum search.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

There have always been artifacts from the lighting limitations, I think t has trouble with multiple light sources. Is it only since 2.5.6 or worse then before? I’m 2D only though

Its weird, I threw it into the bug section. I first noticed it over dubai at night, then online in the caucus on a dogfight server. That was a few days ago. Today, flew in the Caucus, with that flood light on, and no problems. In the gulf, no problem. It is weirdly intermittent. Its like a "flash" of a cockpit element, but untextured. You don't see it on the 2d screen. And yes yes FXO/metashaders are cleaned like 3x.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).