1. 1. Next DCS (European) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Alpha Jet
    • Eurofighter Typhoon
    • Harrier
    • Dassault Rafale
    • English Electric Lightning
    • Tornado
    • F 104 Starfighter
    • The Saab Family - Draken. Gripen, Lansen, Viggen... (Post specific)
    • The Mirage Family - M4000, F-1, III, IV... (Post Specific)
    • Other - write below

For me it has to be the Tornado GR4. Been in service since 1975 with 3 airforces and seen action in both Gulf wars, the Balkans and Afghanistan. Still in service today. A fighter / bomber, perfect for DCS and a firm favorite with simers.

Second choice would be the F4 Phantom. ( GE & RR Spey variants ) I just hope that some quality vendor/payware designer will please release a decent F-4. How about a model of one of the most produced, most sold. most successful military aircraft ever made or flown, flown by more countries then just about every other military aircraft...whats up with that..not a single decent add-on of this aircraft. Jump in there DCS !

Buster.

Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. BenQ W1070 Projector. Yamaha RXV 673 AVR, Energy Take 7.1 S.S. 100" screen, serving wench & lap dancing facilities.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mosquito FB mk VI for me! I think a fast WWII fighterbomber is a must for DCS:WWII.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

my british planes for dcs:wwii would be a spit mk ix or xvi, hawker tempest and a mossie

i7 4820k@4.6, msi big bang xpower ii, 840 pro ssd for os and games, 840 evo ssd for media, full custom water loop, dell u2713hm, warthog hotas and because thats how i roll. :pilotfly:

I'm suprised no one has said the Eurofigh...nevermind. :doh:

I would like a JAS-39 Gripen otherwise. Another choice would be the Harrier II GR.9.

Edited by Harpoon

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Dassault Rafale is a dream :D I'm not sure that would be doable as it's a pretty recent plane but... Otherwise the Mirage 2000 could be a lot of fun! Those planes are versatile so that makes them really interesting IMHO.

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Forget the 2 seat argument. I remember having that same debate way back on the Lockon forums with Wags. The 2 seat issue can be overcome with a little artists license and lets face it no one is gonna get bent out of shape if some one released a two seat Hunter or the Phantom etc except perhaps the real anoraks of the world.

My list:

1. EE. Frightning. Like Brummy I grew up with the aircraft as a kid. F.2, F.3, F.6 and T.5 pls :D

2. Hawker Siddeley Buccaneer S2C

3. BAC TSR2

4 Jaguay GR3 and T2

5 Tornado GR1 /1a and 4 / 4a

6. HS Harrier GR3 / 7 / 9

7. MD Phantom FG.1 / FGR2

8. Saab Viggen

9. CF-104 / F-104 Starfighter

10. EF Typhoon... Ugh.

Most of the above would make life "interesting" in DCS as one would have to learn how to REALLY fly and fight a Jet powered combat aircraft.

Ok ok so I got greedy...

Actually after RAF Leuchars airshow last weekend I'd love to see the Rafale. First time I've seen it in the flesh as it were, by god what a beautiful airframe that is.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

In order of whatever I say it is...

Buccaneer S2 the last upgrade - carrier ops

Sepecat Jaguar GR3a maybe the last upgrade - some say it was a bthci to fly.

Rafale - why not??

Mirage 2000 C/D great plane

Maybe have a sea vixen somewhere in there aswel.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45