Right pedal forward to turn right?

Is that right? So turning your hips left turns the chopper to the right? Say it ain't so.

Edited by truebrit

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

We'll yeah, right pedal equals right turn and right rudder.

If you prefer the opposite, just invert the axis in the controller menu.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Is that right? So turning your hips left turns the copper to the right? Say it ain't so.

Hint 1: extend your legs at the knee, not turn your hips; your hips don't actually have to come into play (if you don't want to)

Hint 2: that's how it works in every air frame in existence or has been in existence throughout the entirety of recorded history on this planet

You aren't riding a bicycle. As others have said, this is the way an aircraft works.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well, right aileron and up elevator to turn right... right pedal would be used to keep that action coordinated but you don't turn a plane with the rudder like a boat :p

Think he is thinking of a helo (based on reading his "copper" as a mis-spelling for "chopper")

You aren't riding a bicycle...

:megalol:

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

For flying a helicopter, you should be using your feet (not necessarily legs or knees) for much of the movements, and legs only to set the major position (hold the major position with your legs, but make adjustments with the feet). This gives far more sensitivity and control which is important for a helicopter.

As for "...riding a bicycle". Actually, with a bicycle, or motorcycle, you steer by pushing in the direction you want to go (called counter-steering). So in fact it is exactly like a helicopter anti-torque pedal. Push the bike's right handle bar forward, and the bike will fall (and steer) to the right. It is related to gyroscopic precession. On a bicycle, most people don't realize they are doing it because it is not taught (and you can often just lean your weight to steer). We just figure it out subconsciously. On a motorcycle, it is taught from the beginning because you can't safely ride a motorcycle without counter-steering.

But push right to go right for a bike and a helicopter are just coincidences. There is no common reason why this is the same for both. Helicopters could have been designed to do the opposite. Also, regarding this steering, there is no connection between the concept of gyroscopic precession of a bike's front wheel and the gyroscopic precession in a helicopter rotor system. Same physics, but completely different purpose.