VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

can anyone guide as to how to open and edit a HLSL file to increase the MASKSIZE VALUE?

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Thanks for the mod, always appreciated.

Unfortunately I'm getting an error during initial bootup of DCS.

Any good ideas?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I have noticed certain units cause a CTD with (what looks like) a shader error with glass_effects or something like that. I can get a screenshot when I get home from work. So far I noticed the Mirage 2000 and the SA-13 cause this.

HOWEVER, I am running so many mods that this could be on my end. Other than that, this mod has made VR smooth as silk for me....and I've got an old rig. This Mod is sheer genius.

This mod can only be used in single user mode, as it will fail the test for manipulation that Eagle dynamics has built into it.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

This mod can only be used in single user mode, as it will fail the test for manipulation that Eagle dynamics has built into it.

Incorrect, for servers with the integrity check disabled you can still join.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Not accurate. It can be used in MP servers with integrity check OFF.

Matthew 'Mags' Maclauchlan

Oculus CV1, Thrustmaster FCS HOTAS/Pedals

WoW eye of Columbus? I Will Try tonight. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

No improvement in performance, but better visuals on my computer. Tested with hand Made mission with f-18 on the gulf map. Better visuals are dir to the MSAA. But, you have to turn it one. Before it was impossible to run MSAA. Now I use x4.

I can clearly see that in the corner of my eye the city and the water is shimmering below, but in the middle of my vision, no shimmering.

In other words. This mod is a must have for any DCS user using VR.

Finally I can enjoy the gulf map is it was supposed to be.

Edited by kunterbunt

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

good job, ED should implement it that way, so we can pass integrity checks,

hopefully this threads gets some attention by them

good job, ED should implement it that way, so we can pass integrity checks,

hopefully this threads gets some attention by them

Well hope for the attention from ED for this one! Oops and how far is the Vulcan API now?

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Sadly, don't work for me in MP. Not a IC error, it's a "glass_materials.fx failed to compile".

Tried in Aerobatics Online and Aerobatics Germany. I'll do more test...

Getting the same error, must be down to aircraft that are in the mission.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

At last some hope...

Kegetys, I cannot thank you enough for a variety of reasons. Probably the most important one is bringing back some hope to this slow new renderer. Your pipeline is just fantastic !

It just takes a man with brains and knowledge. And you clearly have both.

Do you mind sharing how much time it took you to do the mod ?

And here is a nice, nice chart (rest of the thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207002 )

attachment.php?attachmentid=189653&stc=1&d=1531243981

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Wow! look at that, amazing! there is hope for VR!

Unfortunately it did not work for me with the Mirage in the Gulf map.

I get an error with the option to retry or cancel the glass shader... no bueno.

But still great work!

Is it possible to have some of the optimizations without the glass shader thing?

[ i7 8700K@5Ghz (LC) - GTX 1080 TI (LC) - 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 - Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 - Samsung 970 PRO NVME SSD - LG 34" Ultra Wide - HTC Vive - Virpil MongoosT-50/WarBRD Base ]

great mod.

works well. I can turn the view range up and MSAA on.

Thank you.

Persian gulf looks great.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Can't even get the GUI up in VR with this mod.

Any ideas?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Wow! look at that, amazing! there is hope for VR!

Unfortunately it did not work for me with the Mirage in the Gulf map.

I get an error with the option to retry or cancel the glass shader... no bueno.

But still great work!

Is it possible to have some of the optimizations without the glass shader thing?

You could try that for yourself, surely?

I would say delete the Bazar\shaders\model\functions\glass.hlsl file - or leave the original in there instead.

If still no worky, you probably know the answer :)

Might be nice to get together a list of modules people are having problems with?

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

windows may report the program as having stopped working on first load because it takes a long time to rebuild the shaders.

so it takes an age to get into the hangar with the mig 29 and menu.

and it takes an age to load the first mission.

but after that all is good.

so start it and go make a coffee :) if you are having issues with it loading.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.