Server question..: can i run dcs on two computers with same login ? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-16-2018, 06:31 AM   #1
delevero

Default Server question..: can i run dcs on two computers with same login ?

Hello

I want to make a "dedicated server" but since there are no stand alone server then i like to ask..

I play on dcs stand alone version where all of my planes/helis/maps are linked to my account.

I have 2 computer
1). my desktop computer ( gaming computer )
2). my laptop that i want to use as a server. ( with graphics turned off for better performance for the server.

I own all of the maps by the way.

I like to ask, if i play dcs with my desktop computer and loging to my account ready to play. Will i then be able to use the same account on my laptop computer and use my DLC map on two different computers at the same time while both computers are logged in to the same account and playing ?

will i have problems with my keys for my maps, if i activate them on two different computers at the same time ?

I ask since I dont want to download everything just to find out I cannot "play" on two computers at the same time, with one account or worse have problems with the key's.
my goal is to host a server so me and +6 other people can play together on example the DLC map persian, without me having to buy the map again for the server.
delevero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:53 AM   #2
BIGNEWY
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Hi

you can only use one account at a time.

you would need another account for the server.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:11 PM   #3
BlacleyCole

Here’s what I did in a similar situation I created a new account with the name blackeys server then bought all the maps the other mods are not required to add them to a mission you just need the maps on the server. You will get a notice that xxx is required when you run or fly the mission on the server but it works and xxx acts as an ai object so put some way points in.so you can see it move.

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:54 AM   #4
TonyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Hi

you can only use one account at a time.

you would need another account for the server.
Is there any hope in the future for a server only map license? The ability to utilize more maps and have more MP sessions would be greatly expanded with this option.
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:39 AM   #5
Johnny_Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
Is there any hope in the future for a server only map license? The ability to utilize more maps and have more MP sessions would be greatly expanded with this option.

This was asked directly to Wags and Ninline, sadly they refused to even answer
Johnny_Rico is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:24 PM   #6
TonyG

I know....the silence seems to be deafening on this one. Server only licenses would assist with sales, as more people would design missions to go on dedicated servers, which is the only place they would be used. The $60usd for an additional license for a server only is unnecessary.
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote