Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

A DCS B-17 or B-25 Module would sell like hot cakes... :music_whistling:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 on Hawk

7 on Typhoon

7 on Warbirds (which will increase as time goes on likely)

2 on non-flight related solutions

What will the people on the hawk work on once thats done? Will they go to they warbirds or go on to another jet?

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

What will the people on the hawk work on once thats done? Will they go to they warbirds or go on to another jet?

The Hawk as quite a long post release development programme to finish so by the time thats finished we will have other rods in the fire :)

Pman

It would be nice to have some eastern front warbirds (LA7, Yak9, MiG3, Il10, Su2) to fly along with German, British and American birds that are already on the way.... Don't you think??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

Oohhhhh a Curtis P40 ..... Id like that . Wasn't it mainly used in Africa and Asia ?

How come no axis birds ?

As said before, VEAO have said they're developing aircraft that they have direct access to. Simply put, there are no airworthy German / Japanese WWII aircraft in the U.K. The buchon is the closest we have over here

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

It would be nice to have some eastern front warbirds (LA7, Yak9, MiG3, Il10, Su2) to fly along with German, British and American birds that are already on the way.... Don't you think??

We do appreciate that people want to fly some of the Russian birds, however we have no access to any of them and there are no flying Russian warbirds in the UK (where we are primarily based)

Mig 3 for example, there is only one replica flying outside of Russia, a single example in the USA flying with an allison engine.

Great news guys! Good luck with these new endeavers.

I may have missed it scanning through this thread so I'll just ask. Do you know yet which warbird will be first up?

We will release more info on the first aircraft in the coming weeks/months :)

I really like the idea of WW2 era Naval Aviation in DCS, like taking off from a british carrier in a Swordfish and hunting down the German Navy or flying an Avenger or a Dauntless and hunting Japanese ships in the Pacific, that would be awesome.

I agree flying the Avenger would be awesome, if we ever get to that in the future, but I can help to recall the unconquered hurdle the makers of IL-2: Pacific Fighters had. Grumman beat them down on the rights and the developers had to back out on that plan. I foresee Chris's lawyers fees getting out of hand if they try to pursue the Avenger. Good luck anyways VEAO and much success.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I am interested in how the P-40F compared to other fighters during WW2. Being fitted with a merlin engine did this improve its performance in a similar way to how the Allison engined mustang was improved with the introduction of the merlin. For example was it a match for the hurricane or would the hurricane still outperform it? I remember reading that although the P-40 didn't perform as well at higher altitudes it was more successful than people gave it credit for with a number of RAF pilots becoming aces in North Africa. And of course the success of the pilots of the flying tigers.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I agree flying the Avenger would be awesome, if we ever get to that in the future, but I can help to recall the unconquered hurdle the makers of IL-2: Pacific Fighters had. Grumman beat them down on the rights and the developers had to back out on that plan. I foresee Chris's lawyers fees getting out of hand if they try to pursue the Avenger. Good luck anyways VEAO and much success.

Licensing trademarks from Grumman is economically feasible.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Which Grumman aircraft did Leatherneck license? :P

F8F is on their List.. :music_whistling:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Someone licensed a cat of some sort!

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Tomcat or bust.....

Teach these Migs a lesson and shoot them down from 100mi away....