How do I use autopilot?

Ragnar65

Guys,

i´m missing the CPL-mode of the autopilot...Is it missing due to EA and will be added later? Or are we bound to live without it?

RGDS

Ragnar65

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Speaking of Auto Pilot - - Mine will not engage at all. No modes.

Here's what happens:

On the UFC:

AP>ON/OFF Button>Select Mode = Aircraft just stays in whatever Attitude it's in momentarily, but gradually will decend and back to whichever side it rolled into most. The control surfaces become locked up. I can override with large stick input or via paddle switch disengage. I get the ":" next to the mode I'm selecting, but the mode does not operate. Period. I can operate the UFC functionality correctly, but he AP simply doesn't do what it should in any mode. What happens is the flight controls lock up in position. When I disengage the AP, the Flight controls come back without issue, but I only get he master caution about 10% of the time with tone alerting me to the disconnect.

I've also tried doing: AP>Mode select>ON/OFF. No combination works. All the symbology appears correctly though. I'm pretty sure it's user error somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it.

Any ideas?

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Here's what happens:

On the UFC:

AP>ON/OFF Button>Select Mode = Aircraft just stays in whatever Attitude it's in momentarily, but gradually will decend and back to whichever side it rolled into most. The control surfaces become locked up. I can override with large stick input or via paddle switch disengage. I get the ":" next to the mode I'm selecting, but the mode does not operate. Period. I can operate the UFC functionality correctly, but he AP simply doesn't do what it should in any mode. What happens is the flight controls lock up in position. When I disengage the AP, the Flight controls come back without issue, but I only get he master caution about 10% of the time with tone alerting me to the disconnect.

I've also tried doing: AP>Mode select>ON/OFF. No combination works. All the symbology appears correctly though. I'm pretty sure it's user error somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it.

Any ideas?

I've been having a similar problem. I can get BALT to work, but not HSEL. Post a track. It's the most helpful.

Assign a Dead-Zone as it might help this issue.

“If you don’t set a deadzone, you run into the risk of not being able to engage your autopilot since your stick will always be detected as “not completely centered” even if the position offset is negligible.”

Chuck’s FA-18C Hornet Guide - page 6

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Ok -- I will try this. Interesting if so many people are having this issue that it's in the guide, perhaps the best solution would be to give the AP engagement as little more tolerance? Just a siggestion ED...that would improve both AP reports and stop people from complaining that their stick is less sensitive.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Here's what happens:

On the UFC:

Any ideas?

My AP wont engage at all :(

Is it planed to remove this behavior? I would call a necessary dead zone just to activate an autopilot a bug.

And a dead zone for the stick is a no go in my oppinion.

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

I set no deadzone, my Stick seems to be centered correctly.

So i think it`s not necessary, but can help Input Devices, which do inputs even in centered position. Might be helpful for flying without A/P too.

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

Firstly Chucks Guide is hard to beat! If you bought the module prior to the last updates it may pay to delete via module manager and start fresh. That’s helped quite a few with bugs etc!

yes, I did this as well. Good idea.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Don't dampen your joystick's center play with an unnecessary deadzone. After you have pressed the baro alt mode, trim your nose down a quick tap or two and the AP will active.

Anyway, it is clearly a bug and most likely will be addressed eventually.

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro