Capt Zeen SA342 Gazelle V1.0 Helios profile ! ! !

Hello all !!!

Here we come, with another Helios profile! This time for the SA342 Gazelle version L, M and Mistral. For this profile i followed the recomendation of Lefuneste, and i make the profile using the KA50 interface in Helios, instead of the FC one.

That was my first idea when i start to do Helios profiles, but in that time, the source code of helios was closed, so i decided to use the FC, for his easy use.

The conversion was harder to do, trying to convert values from the SA342 to KA50, but at the end, i dont need to create a new keyboard table with a default.lua, and i dont need to worry about different languajes in diferent countries. And even, i dont need to worry about changes on the default.lua, that developers do time to time. And of course, for the final user, (you), is a more easy installation !

Hope you like it !

For this profile i exported all the instruments, lamps, selectors, switches and levers in the cockpit, and the collective.

Of course i added the navigation panel from others profiles, so you can check airport charts, tactical maps, ndbs, etc

PROFILE FILES:

SA342_v1.0.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions

SA342_v1.0b.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions

5uHfKaQ.jpg

main panel

8OQwYMT.jpg

radio panels

zvWVz0m.jpg

weapons panel

EXPORT.LUA

Important notice !!

Included in the Scripts folder, you can find the export.lua, DCS 1.5.4 compatible, ready to export data A10C, KA50, FC3, F-15C, P-51D, UH-1H, A10C radio fix, MI-8 v1.5, and SA342 profile.

This file is a modified version of the Loophole Updated version from 09/11/2014, ( http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=97222 )

MONITOR ASPECT RESOLUTIONS

I made two different profiles, v1.0 for 16:10 monitors and v1.0b for 16:9 monitors. Use the one better fit width you monitor resolution.

I made the entire graphic art, based on screenshots of the simulator, and the textures folder of the game.

I used the airport charts from http://www.virtual-jabog32.de and the tactical chart TC-1 created by =MAF=Mongoose and the NDBs list created by Lino_Germany.

For the export.lua i used the Loophole version, compatible width KA50, A10c and FC3 as a base for all my implementations.

In the export.lua i include a couple of functions by [FSF]Ian to export the digits of the UV26 for the MI-8

Thanks to Lefuneste. I started the code for the SA342 profile following his rough Helios profile for the Gazelle. You can find it here.

I want to thanks aswell to all the people who help me, in the DCS forum, every time i reached a deadlock, somewhere!

And of course to Gadroc for creating Helios, this great software.

PROFILE FEATURES

- Pilot Dashboard:

- All the instruments, switches and lamps

- TV:

- All the Encoders, Switches and lamps. - A hole in the background is prepared to insert the TV viewport from the game

- RWR:

- All the Encoders, Switches and lamps. - A hole in the background is prepared to insert the RWR viewport from the game

- Weapons panel:

- You can choose between the L and M version of the weapons panels - All the Encoders, Switches and lamps. - A hole in the background is prepared to insert the WEAPONS viewport from the game

- Radio panels:

- panel with all the radios together: Copilot intercom, UHF, FM, AM, and ADF - All the instruments, switches, lamps and displays. - 2 holes in the background prepared to insert the RADIO UHF and FM viewports from the game

- Flare dispenser panel:

- All the Switches and lamps.

- Collective panel:

- All the Switches implemented

- Navigation panel:

-Airports visual operation charts v4.04

-Airports diagramss v4.04

-TC-1 Tactical Chart

-Caucasus general area map, with airports and table width airport freqs, locations, ids, etc.

-Airport Circuit Example

-List of the NDBs

- About panel:

- Info about the profile and version.

INSTALLATION

--Install Helios if you don't have it yet. (http://www.gadrocsworkshop.com/helios/latest)

-Copy the profile you need, for your resolution , on the profiles folder, usualy in user/my documents/helios/profiles

-Copy the folder Capt_Zeen on the images folder, usualy in user/my documents/helios/images

-Run the HeliosProfileEditor, load the profile SA342 you want to use, and perform a Reset Monitors from the menu Profile.

-Save the profile

-Dont forget to use the correct export.lua i included in the package,

Copy it in C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts, but first make a backup copy of your actual export.lua.

-IF you use Tackview, Tarst or another external scripts, copy the corresponding lines from your old export.lua to the new one.

RUNNING THE PROFILE

-Open the Helios Control Center, select the profile and start it.

CONFIGURING THE SECOND MONITOR

included in the package, there is a folder called "DCS Monitor Configuration" width a complete folders structure you can drop on DCS World instalation folder. This structure prepare the diferents lua scripts to export the views to the second monitor to represent the Nadir, Radio panles, RWR, TV and Weapon panel display.

You will need to change the coordinates x and y of every viewport and the width and height sizes of them in the DCS Monitor Configuration\Config\MonitorSetup\2_monitors-SA342.lua

Change it before copy to the game folder, and save a copy of this structure, cause DCS world rewrite this files every update!

To calculate the correct position of each viewport, run Helios and start the profile. Take some screenshots with all the paneles opened, radios and weapons using print screen key on the keyboard, and paste the images in any art program. Paint from Windows works well.

Put the cursor over the left-up corners of every empty spaces and write down the coordinates. Drag a box from that point to the right_down corner, and take the width and height of the rectangle.

Modify the 2_monitors-SA342.lua width your correct numbers. and you can now copy the complete "DCS Monitor Configuration" folder to the DCS game folder, or use a Mods control program like JSGME to do it.

Also, you can use this template to calculate the position and sizes of the diferent viewports:

y49nzow.jpg

KNOWN ISSUES

- -In the cockpit of the Gazelle, in the Stby HA, you can block the instrument moving the rotator to the upper position (thats dont happens in the main HA, so i figure is a bug, but not sure). To unblock it again, you need to pull the button, and then rotate at the same time with the mouse. In helios, you can't do two things at the same time, so if you block the stby HA by error, you need to unblock it from the cockpit.

OTHER CONSIDERATIONS

If you use Helios and TARS or TACKVIEW you can have miss workings due to the way Helios works width the export.lua.

To prevent this, just move the lines for Tars or tackview to the very end of the export.lua in C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts.

As always you can get it from my site:

http://www.captzeen.com

Edited by Capt Zeen
  • Like 1

Thank you!!!!

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Fabulous, it looks amazing once again.

Thankyou very much.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Again great work Capt'n.

For anybody using an over/under monitor setup her are the numbers I came up with for my setup.

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('2_monitors_SA342');
Description = 'prepared for the SA342'

--TOTAL DEL VIEWPORT
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width  = 1920;
         height = 1080;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 16/9;
    }
}

--NADIR
NADIR =
{
    x = 152;
    y = 1664;
    width = 345;
    height = 193;
}

-- SA342_RWR
SA342_RWR =
{
    x = 604;
    y = 1106;
    width = 218;
    height = 218;
}

--SA342_TV
SA342_TV =
{
    x = 104;
    y = 1070;
    width = 465;
    height = 370;
}

--SA342_WP1
SA342_WP1 =
{
    x = 231;
    y = 1623;
    width = 197;
    height = 27;
}

--SA342_UHF
SA342_UHF =
{
    x = 235;
    y = 1804;
    width = 152;
    height = 30;
}

--SA342_FM
SA342_FM =
{
    x = 270;
    y = 1540;
    width = 188;
    height = 31;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Capt,

DCS community is blessed to have you.

Congratulations on finishing another STUNNING profile!

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Sweet!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download