In 2.5.0: ILS not working? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-29-2018, 10:02 AM   #11
LeCuvier

Tried again today. Landed at Kutaisi runway 8 as directed by ATC. ILS vertical bar tried to point me away from the runway axis to the left. Horizontal bar continues to be ok.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:12 AM   #12
Ramsay

Can you post a track?
Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:42 PM   #13
canned_fire

Noticed yesterday that the glide slope for Kohkhi is not working (localizer is ok). Latest 2.5 stable.

Last edited by canned_fire; 07-17-2018 at 02:23 PM.
canned_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:07 PM   #14
LeCuvier

Quote:
Originally Posted by canned_fire View Post
Noticed yesterday that the glide slope for Kohkhi is not working (localizer is ok). Latest 2.5 stable.
Works for me, except you have to be at about the right altitude on the glide slope for the horizontal bar to show. But the scale on the left always tells you whether you are above or below.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
Old 07-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #15
twistking

weird. i could not get ILS for senaki. i also did not receive the audio-morse-code from the receiver. tested multiple times. i took the ils frequency from the f-10 map. i believe it was 108.90 or sth. ...
active runway was #9, which is the one which should have the ils.

so, maybe there is something wrong indeed?!
twistking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:33 PM   #16
LeCuvier

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistking View Post
weird. i could not get ILS for senaki. i also did not receive the audio-morse-code from the receiver. tested multiple times. i took the ils frequency from the f-10 map. i believe it was 108.90 or sth. ...
active runway was #9, which is the one which should have the ils.
so, maybe there is something wrong indeed?!
I tried again just now, both in the stable and Open Beta version. Since they are both the same version now, it's not surprising that both behaved in the same way.
I approached Senaki from S and W flying N first and when TACAN indicated that Senaki was due E I turned E. At that point I was 15 nm W of Senaki at 3000 ft. I engaged ILS on 108.9 MHz. The localizer bar showed almost immediately. When TACAN indicated about 11 nm to go, the glide slope indicator showed that I was low. So I climbed just a little, and then the glide slope bar showed up. And from there I just followed these indications and landed safely on runway 09.
If this does not work for you, maybe you should run a repair.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:50 PM   #17
twistking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCuvier View Post
I tried again just now, both in the stable and Open Beta version. Since they are both the same version now, it's not surprising that both behaved in the same way.
I approached Senaki from S and W flying N first and when TACAN indicated that Senaki was due E I turned E. At that point I was 15 nm W of Senaki at 3000 ft. I engaged ILS on 108.9 MHz. The localizer bar showed almost immediately. When TACAN indicated about 11 nm to go, the glide slope indicator showed that I was low. So I climbed just a little, and then the glide slope bar showed up. And from there I just followed these indications and landed safely on runway 09.
If this does not work for you, maybe you should run a repair.

thanks a lot for checking.
i will also test again, but since i did not even get the morse code from the receiver, i can't really see, what i could have done wrong.
so, maybe i'll just reapair the install.
thanks again!
Old 07-18-2018, 09:12 PM   #18
LeCuvier

Quote:
thanks a lot for checking.
i will also test again, but since i did not even get the morse code from the receiver, i can't really see, what i could have done wrong.
so, maybe i'll just reapair the install.
thanks again!
Oops, wait a minute! If you don't hear the morse code I would guess that you have not set the power switch to "PWR". It happened to me, I thought it was ON but it was OFF. You have to zoom in real close to check.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:32 PM   #19
twistking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCuvier View Post
Oops, wait a minute! If you don't hear the morse code I would guess that you have not set the power switch to "PWR". It happened to me, I thought it was ON but it was OFF. You have to zoom in real close to check.
oh yes. i know that from experience and checked multiple times that power was on

i also had weird behaviour that when having enabled both tacan and ils navigation mode in lower central console, the tacan would not feed to the hsi, as if the "broken" ils would override the hsi.
i had to deactivate ils navigation in the lower central console to get tacan working on the hsi.

normal behaviour has always been, that you could enable both tacan and ils, and have the hsi work with the tacan...

i will verify install and check again...
Old 07-18-2018, 09:39 PM   #20
LeCuvier

Quote:
oh yes. i know that from experience and checked multiple times that power was on

i also had weird behaviour that when having enabled both tacan and ils navigation mode in lower central console, the tacan would not feed to the hsi, as if the "broken" ils would override the hsi.
i had to deactivate ils navigation in the lower central console to get tacan working on the hsi.

normal behaviour has always been, that you could enable both tacan and ils, and have the hsi work with the tacan...

i will verify install and check again...
I just found that there is a new update for Open Beta. Maybe you should run the update and check in OB...