Modern Air combat - Page 17 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 11:50 AM   #161
lmp
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_120 View Post
Sorry but what I'm asking is not putting fictional weapons, rather adding realistic configuration of existing weapons in planes that can carry them; simply that because the cold war finished and lack of funds arised such integration was not done in time.
The early MiG-29 and Su-27 variants that we have in the game never carried any PGMs. There's no way to realistically "add PGM capability" to either of these jets without building entirely new versions of them with entirely new avionics and systems (think Su-25 vs Su-25T level differences at least). There's much more to it than just "integrating" a new weapon system. Looking at how ED approaches this project (in a minimum-effort way) this is not going to happen.

The alternative is what.. to add a fictional HUD mode? "Pretend" there's a laser designator somewhere on the jet (where?) or that the IPV can display the imagery from the Kh-29T? That's the sort of sci-fi approach that'll get those jets banned from MP servers.

Quote:
Am i wrong or the KA50 is no more than a prototype which never entered operational service (And i mean being active in a fighting squadron)?
The Ka-50 in our configuration existed. How much service it saw is irrelevant, it is a recreation of an existing, documented aircraft.

Quote:
Don't we also have a Harrier that is able to launch AGM122 ARM when this weapong never entered in active service?
AGM-122 was in active service, it is simply no longer used (stocks have been depleted). Again - existing, documented.

We have fictional loadouts in other planes (MiG-21 for example), which I refuse to use, but that doesn't justify making things even worse.

Quote:
and as far as i know there is no splitted community because of that
I know people who barely tolerate FC3 planes now because there's no alternative. Those people will not include MAC versions of aircraft which have full fidelity versions in their games.

I want a red fast attack jet (preferably in full fidelity) as much the next guy, but not like this.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:43 PM   #162
draconus

Quote:
I'm totally ok with MAC as it is, although i would love some little additions to current aircraft like updated PBR texture on cockpits (already announced), NVG for those who have it (come on! Thats simple ED) and/or some more weapons like aim9x on the F15 or PGM in the mig29s/su27 to balance somehow the multirole capacity of the red side (even though not totally realistic cause it was only done to some export version).

That would have little development time but a great acceptance to the already existing FC3 community.
No, no, no, not acceptable. 9X is year 2003 - our F-15C is from 90s. And what balance you're talking about?! Fight same aircrafts w/same payload vs each other - there you have it.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:25 PM   #163
falcon_120

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp View Post
The early MiG-29 and Su-27 variants that we have in the game never carried any PGMs. There's no way to realistically "add PGM capability" to either of these jets without building entirely new versions of them with entirely new avionics and systems (think Su-25 vs Su-25T level differences at least). There's much more to it than just "integrating" a new weapon system. Looking at how ED approaches this project (in a minimum-effort way) this is not going to happen.

The alternative is what.. to add a fictional HUD mode? "Pretend" there's a laser designator somewhere on the jet (where?) or that the IPV can display the imagery from the Kh-29T? That's the sort of sci-fi approach that'll get those jets banned from MP servers.
I know the early variant we have never had that, that is why like a brilliant idea simulating one that do have that possibility without creating a new plane, we have a good example with J11. R77 capable still being the same plane. Very used in multiplayer and a nice addition to the red side (which i ever hardly flight btw). Up to which point is tat realistic? As far as i know china did nott receive RVV-AE until at least 2005 but we have it in game.

So what if this J11 or the Su27 is able to carry an KH58 but only fired in Self defense mode? No need for new avionics. And the KH29T? Is so hard to pretend that Su27 can employ this weapon through the MFD? I quite sure that this exist, just not at operational level, just like the KA50 or the AGM122. I will later look some information on how many SU27 where able to use AG weapons around 2000s, we might be surprised.

Don't get me wrong I like realism, I would love to see something like a SU30MKI simulated so we do have PGM capability but i also dont want ED to spend resources away from their roadmap, thats why i'm asking for little adaptations on the current fleet, without going to far.

Regarding the AIM9x for example, is up to missiion designer to decide which year we are fighting in. If we are in 2010 then we have r77 flankers and aim9x eagles in the server. We are fighting in 1991? ok so just sparrows and R27s. That is as realistic as you want it to make it.

Quote:
The Ka-50 in our configuration existed. How much service it saw is irrelevant, it is a recreation of an existing, documented aircraft.

AGM-122 was in active service, it is simply no longer used (stocks have been depleted). Again - existing, documented.
Following the same argument, Su27 or mig29s carrying PGM existed, they would be a recreation of an existing modernisation programme (That was probably finished somewhere around 2000 up to 2016).

Quote:
We have fictional loadouts in other planes (MiG-21 for example), which I refuse to use, but that doesn't justify making things even worse.

I know people who barely tolerate FC3 planes now because there's no alternative. Those people will not include MAC versions of aircraft which have full fidelity versions in their games.

I want a red fast attack jet (preferably in full fidelity) as much the next guy, but not like this.
Fair enough, but remember that has been stated many times that any modern russian thing is not gonna happen for political security reasons, what i'm asking for is the closest we can get, which is similar to what we already have BTW. FC3 is not a close representation of anything. The F15c and Su27 are miles away of the real counterparts.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:38 PM   #164
falcon_120

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconus View Post
No, no, no, not acceptable. 9X is year 2003 - our F-15C is from 90s. And what balance you're talking about?! Fight same aircrafts w/same payload vs each other - there you have it.
I'm referring to balance in multirole/mission capabilities, nothing else. I dont want artificial balance of dissimilar planes (e.g. f15 vs su27).

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #165
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Debate and Discussion is great, but lets keep it on topic of MODERN AIR COMBAT Release,

And not Debate over capabilities of Air-frames via Upgrade Programs etc.
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
Old 07-18-2018, 07:15 AM   #166
Fri13

Was it already mentioned that how you can buy the MAC?
- ALL IN BUNDLE
- All individually
- Downgraded versions from Clickable modules with special prices

--
I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....
Old 07-18-2018, 07:31 AM   #167
Nirvi
ED Translator / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
Was it already mentioned that how you can buy the MAC?
- ALL IN BUNDLE
- All individually
- Downgraded versions from Clickable modules with special prices
Just like Flaming Cliffs 3 now.
- Complete bundle with all planes.
- Single plane
Old 07-18-2018, 10:12 AM   #168
Saintan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvi View Post
Just like Flaming Cliffs 3 now.
- Complete bundle with all planes.
- Single plane
Plus "Flaming Cliffs 3 owners can purchase the MAC pack at a great discount."; quoted from the official post.

And "Purchase MAC aircraft individually or as a pack at a reduced price."; just as FC3 costs less than the sum of its individual plane modules.
Apache, Comanche, Falcon, Hind, Intruder, Lightning II
Nighthawk, Rafale, Raptor, Strike Eagle, Tornado, Typhoon

Last edited by Saintan; 07-18-2018 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:24 AM   #169
Brixmis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJack View Post
Understood. Can we please have a fully simulated MiG-29K?

No no no - we need that Su-25T as a full fidelity module!

Wht we don't seem to include the Su-25T as FC3, just because it comes free with DCS World is unknown to me - afaic I always include it in FC3 in my mind.

PS - I'll definitely be buying this, as I like FC3 planes for various reasons - the main one being quick testing of missions, PC performance (i.e. terrain mods and options adjustments) etc.

Last edited by Brixmis; 07-18-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #170
draconus

Question on missions compatibility and availability for MAC: I assume FC3 aircrafts will have the same SP missions and campaigns as they do now. What about those FCfied modules? Will they have the missions updated for compatibility and their lowered capabilities? Will they be able to run the missions already designed for corresponding FF modules despite not being able to hear radio comms or follow some orders?
Closed Thread