give some love to the Kurfürst model - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 04:49 AM   #21
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 98
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog 7.62 View Post
Its too bad this module seems to be needing some attention. With Normandy on the horizon, this would be a must purchase if it were up to par.
I am not sure I would go that far, its an older model sure, and I believe created by someone different back then, but its hardly hard on the eyes, nor does it detract from my personal joy of flying it, all things pointed out have to be low-priority compared to new WWII objects and such. Fact is most of the pictures in the OP arent even visible while piloting the aircraft, I couldnt imagine reporting these issues right now with all they have on their plate.

Last edited by SiThSpAwN; 04-21-2017 at 04:52 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:58 AM   #22
Conroy

Reputation power: 5
Conroy will become famous soon enoughConroy will become famous soon enoughConroy will become famous soon enough

We buy Normandy first of all to fly aircrafts not to drive tanks.
I 100% agree about K4 polycount. It's not so bad, but it could have been much better as for the DB sound. Definitely DCS Messerschmitt would deserve some more love.

Please provide the same quality standard.

Last edited by Conroy; 04-21-2017 at 07:55 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:17 AM   #23
Falcoblu

Reputation power: 3
Falcoblu will become famous soon enoughFalcoblu will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
We buy Normandy first of all to fly aircrafts not to drive tanks.
I 100% agree about K4 polycount. It's not so bad, but it could have been much better as for the DB sound. Definitely DCS Messerschmitt would deserve some more love.

Please provide the same quality standard.
+1...

In fact, Normandy should be first of all in airplane simulator not a tanks simulator.

And the best quality standard should be implemented first for airplanes and then for the rest.

And at 109K there are still no pods with cannons and rockets ...

Last edited by Falcoblu; 04-21-2017 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #24
razo+r
Veteran

Reputation power: 14
razo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
I am not sure I would go that far, its an older model sure, and I believe created by someone different back then, but its hardly hard on the eyes, nor does it detract from my personal joy of flying it, all things pointed out have to be low-priority compared to new WWII objects and such. Fact is most of the pictures in the OP arent even visible while piloting the aircraft, I couldnt imagine reporting these issues right now with all they have on their plate.
As already said, lot's of things can be seen from the normal position with normal zoom... Otherwise i wouldn't be bothered by that if i can't see those things
Old 04-21-2017, 11:53 AM   #25
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by razo+r View Post
As already said, lot's of things can be seen from the normal position with normal zoom... Otherwise i wouldn't be bothered by that if i can't see those things
I still dont see anything high-priority that they should stop and redo or go over the model.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:59 AM   #26
hughlb

Reputation power: 3
hughlb has a spectacular aura abouthughlb has a spectacular aura abouthughlb has a spectacular aura abouthughlb has a spectacular aura about

I wouldn't be surprised if it will be updated at one point or another, ED seem to do this. I guess it depends how long they plan to officially support it. I used to think the IL2 Cliffs of Dover models looked amazing, but not anymore. Someone in an earlier post commented on not updating as it will adversely affect performance. Poly count doesn't really have the same impact as shaders and fill rate, so I wouldn't worry about poly count too much
| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | LG 43UD79-B | Gainward Phoenix 1070 GLH | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VKB Gunfighter MK1 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

Old 04-21-2017, 12:32 PM   #27
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughlb View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it will be updated at one point or another, ED seem to do this. I guess it depends how long they plan to officially support it. I used to think the IL2 Cliffs of Dover models looked amazing, but not anymore. Someone in an earlier post commented on not updating as it will adversely affect performance. Poly count doesn't really have the same impact as shaders and fill rate, so I wouldn't worry about poly count too much
No doubt that down the road it could see an update, but right now, getting to the great merge and getting other things down are going to be higher priority.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #28
Conroy

Conroy will become famous soon enoughConroy will become famous soon enoughConroy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
I still dont see anything high-priority that they should stop and redo or go over the model.
So, for you, this is acceptable for DCS standard? Just to know. I'm not talking about Daimler Benz sound that's is a dead horse, but at least, here, we have some very good mods.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:46 PM   #29
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
So, for you, this is acceptable for DCS standard? Just to know. I'm not talking about Daimler Benz sound that's is a dead horse, but at least, here, we have some very good mods.
What I SAID was its not going to be a high priority, meaning they have many things going on right now before they revisit this model.

I also SAID I dont see anything that takes away from my personal enjoyment of the module.

As for the sounds, they were recorded from a 109, no not a K, but from an actual 109, but that is sort of OT here isnt it.

Last edited by SiThSpAwN; 04-21-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:00 PM   #30
Conroy

If you give this kinde of answer, is not more an OT, but probaly an answer also for the 3D problem.

I don't know if you are really interested in WW2, i don't think so, but an answer like this about DB, believe me, is not really acceptable like the low quality of this K4 module....low quality for DCS standard off course.

Normandy is close to be released, and we are talking about Messerschimitt. This is more than an high priority.