Krasnodar Variable ground attack (SP or MP) - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-11-2017, 05:35 AM   #11
Apache600
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Reputation power: 7
Apache600 has a spectacular aura aboutApache600 has a spectacular aura aboutApache600 has a spectacular aura aboutApache600 has a spectacular aura aboutApache600 has a spectacular aura about

Quickfix v0.8012 update

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322
Apache600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:55 PM   #12
pdmarsh

Reputation power: 6
pdmarsh will become famous soon enoughpdmarsh will become famous soon enough

@Apache600 -- First, I want to thank you for this mission. I'm looking forward to flying many, if not most, of the scenarios you have built in.

Our small group flew the easy helicopter roof extraction sortie last night and discovered what I believe is a bug, or that a change in AI behavior has been coded that changed your mission. As soon as the infantry that are to be extracted spawn on the rooftop, they immediately begin to move toward the enemy vehicles, jumping off the roof in the process. As a result, they were thought to be enemy troops on the ground and were killed by friendly fire, ending the mission.

There might be a waypoint action that can be set to force them to remain in place. I'll experiment with that.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Paul
pdmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:34 PM   #13
pdmarsh

I need to correct something. The infantry did not get killed by friendly fire. I see now that a timing trigger is used to deactivate the infantry if they don't get picked up in time. It was coincidental that a flight was passing overhead as they deactivated. Tacview interpreted all of this as a kill and even attributed the kills to a pilot, who never fired a shot at the troops.

I can't find any way to keep those troops from moving off of the roof. I tried using a "hold" waypoint and I played with alarm states. It appears to be hard-coded in DCS that the troops will move toward the nearest threat.

Paul
Old 04-19-2017, 07:20 PM   #14
pdmarsh

OK, it appears that setting the infantry alarm state to green and their speed to zero keeps their feet firmly planted on the roof. However, the alarm state setting must be placed above the immortal and invisible settings. Otherwise, the troops move toward the enemy, even with speed set to zero.

Hope this helps.

Paul
Old 04-19-2017, 07:25 PM   #15
Home Fries

Reputation power: 14
Home Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really nice

As one of the others who flew in the mission, I confirm everything pdmarsh said. The infantry on the roof jumped off, went right up to the BRDM, and started unloading with M4s until the BRDM was destroyed. We dispatched a Mi-8 to the roof to pick them up without realizing that they had already gone Rambo against enemy armor. We were trying to figure out where they were (thinking that the infantry by the BRDM was enemy) when the time expired and they "died".

BTW, the reason their death was credited to the Huey pilot in TacView was because the Huey made a pass on the BRDM with rockets while the blue infantry was engaging the BRDM, and they were hit by the hydras while immortal.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My AJS-37 Viggen Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:34 AM   #16
Apache600

Apache600 has a spectacular aura aboutApache600 has a spectacular aura aboutApache600 has a spectacular aura aboutApache600 has a spectacular aura aboutApache600 has a spectacular aura about

Hey guys! Thanks so much for the report! I put the helo missions in recently, and actually haven't been able to test them. (aside from basic spawn tests to make sure everything spawns accordingly, but I hadn't gone as far as trying to do a pick up to see what would happen) So this is the first I'm hearing of it. @pdmarsh, thanks for doing some of the dirty work there. I'll be sure to change that in the mission files with a future update. There might be a few other side missions too where the "order of operations" will be out of the sequence that you found.

Glad to hear that you guys are giving this mission a shot. Feel free to let me know any other discrepancies you might come across.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:40 AM   #17
pdmarsh

@Apache600 -- Thanks for your comments. We're happy to help. It appears that the "Unit's Altitude Lower Than" trigger was set using meters AGL. If so, just note that it needs to be in meters ASL. I tested the easy sortie with a new setting, but here are my recommendations for all three sorties:

Easy: 82 meters
Medium: 95 meters
Hard: 119 meters

Also, I found a typo in one of the flag triggers after you drop off troops at the field hospital. You never get the message that they are back and you can RTB. It's a simple transposition of numbers. I'll get that flag/trigger info for you later today.

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited by pdmarsh; 04-21-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:03 PM   #18
pdmarsh

Here's the info on the trigger:

Look for trigger "1 ONCE (Flag 66108, NO EVENT)."
Notice under "ACTIONS" that the flag that gets turned on is 66019.
I believe it's supposed to be 66109.

Hope this helps,
Paul
Old 04-23-2017, 02:29 AM   #19
Apache600

Sweet deal. Thanks! I'm out on a trip right now, but I'll see to making those corrections when I get back. It looks like you've made them on your end already. So as long as you are the Host

Lemme know if you see any other anomalies with some of the Helo missions. Those and the "Very Hard" section have been pretty much untested on my end.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:35 PM   #20
pdmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache600 View Post
Lemme know if you see any other anomalies with some of the Helo missions. Those and the "Very Hard" section have been pretty much untested on my end.
Will do. The altitude settings should be easy enough to test. I'll let you know how that goes.

Thanks,
Paul