Here - https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Then check out what type of gamer you are
Here - https://www.16personalities.com/arti...sonality-types

Not associated with or promoting the site, just though it was cool
Turns out its pretty accurate for me
DataHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
WRAITH

Location: Sims now are a mutation of old Dinosaur DNA mixed with Cow & Horse waste made into Hamburgers
Reputation power: 8
WRAITH is a jewel in the roughWRAITH is a jewel in the roughWRAITH is a jewel in the roughWRAITH is a jewel in the roughWRAITH is a jewel in the roughWRAITH is a jewel in the rough

I have done some private study on this as a long time video gamer myself.

I looked into the user (gamer) and developer aspects of video game development and theories that assist in both areas in how it all interacts and how a video game company can pull you in to emotionally attach you to the game and or contribute to the community.

But what is more interesting is the millions that large gaming companies have spent in understanding the psychology and social chemistry of the gamer or user in how they develop the games.

For example EAGAMES and UBISOFT have done this very well for years now without people even knowing using analytical metric data tools to measure who you are, how you play using profiles and accounts so forth.

For example EA FIFA series is a multi-million dollar video game label under license and contract with FIFA (TM) that draws a global fan base where there is allot of feedback and study on this area.

Links:-

Its a complex area with multiple types of people and theories used ..............

There is so much more on this stuff online its an actual science that the video game companies use with "Subject Matter Experts" (S.M.E's) to make video games more profitable and enlarge a customer base.

But its all a play on emotions on our human weaknesses that they exploit for profit based on your choices and experience and pigeon hole people so to speak.

Just be who you are and enjoy it and know your limits, because they think they own you once your captured with their enticements hooked like gamblers so to speak thats not true, unless you allow it as a person. With current trends in F2P MMO so on types of games.

As they say "Big Brother is Watching"......... ....... thats the future anyway...... who cares anyway they are all video games just some fun away from reality as long as you know yourself, is what matters, people judge what they see regardless of who you really are in soul.

Another saying never judge a book by its cover, right!

*** AGAINST "CYBER BULLYING" AND ONLINE MALICE - WHICH IS ABUSE & UNKIND FOR PEOPLES WELL BEING ***

"GAMERS - TAKE CARE OF - GAMERS"
- 你必须做出选择
MMA/UFC - "Conor McGregor" - Forever UFC CHAMP!

Last edited by WRAITH; 04-21-2017 at 06:42 AM.
WRAITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:53 PM   #3
Knock-Knock

Reputation power: 5
Knock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really nice

Either it has it very wrong, or I have been playing the wrong games all my life, hehe.
1.61% that I enjoy racing games the most and 50% for Role-playing games. Myea no, other way around, and even more. Is all I do / play, racing and flying, and until a few years ago, it was all about racing
Id put aviation under the same umbrella as racing, since flight oriented games dont exist in the list. The simulation aspect of it.

But in a way, I guess you could say that racing/flying in very simulator oriented titles, is a kind of role-playing, since immersion has very high priority for me. I want to get it as close as I can, to actually sitting/believing Im sitting in the given car / plane. If I cant get immersed, then I couldnt be bothered with the title.

| MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | MFG Crosswind | Windows 7-64 |

Last edited by Knock-Knock; 04-20-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Knock-Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:22 PM   #4
AegisFX

Reputation power: 6
AegisFX is on a distinguished road

Remember that glitch in world of Warcraft? The corrupted blood incident. Some very informative stuff has been written.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #5
Bushmanni

Reputation power: 18
Bushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of light

These kind of personality tests aren't very reliable in categorizing people as it might put the same person randomly in two or three of the types depending on some random factors like time of day, mood or alertness. Nevertheless it still gives great insight on how you and other people think and what you and they consider important.
Bushmanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:27 PM   #6
DataHawk

Reputation power: 5
DataHawk is on a distinguished road

So is there a DCS World Personality type?
DataHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:03 AM   #7
Mtnbiker1998

Reputation power: 4
Mtnbiker1998 will become famous soon enoughMtnbiker1998 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataHawk View Post
They're still working on ironing out some bugs. It'll be out in two weeks!

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat
Mtnbiker1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:15 AM   #8
Bushmanni

Reputation power: 18
Bushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of lightBushmanni is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataHawk View Post
I think DCS World has enough depth to it that it can be enjoyed in many ways and hence by many kind of people.
Bushmanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #9
gavagai

Reputation power: 10
gavagai is a jewel in the roughgavagai is a jewel in the roughgavagai is a jewel in the roughgavagai is a jewel in the roughgavagai is a jewel in the roughgavagai is a jewel in the roughgavagai is a jewel in the rough

This just seems like a rehash of a Myers-Briggs or Keirsey temperament test.

Last edited by gavagai; 04-21-2017 at 10:47 AM.
gavagai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:50 AM   #10
TripRodriguez

Reputation power: 4
TripRodriguez will become famous soon enoughTripRodriguez will become famous soon enough

Don't need any test. I'm what I call an immersion gamer. This is why I'm all about VR.

Doing things I could never afford or aren't possible in real life and making it as realistic as possible. When I was a kid I wanted to be a fighter or combat helicopter pilot (or a space fighter pilot!). Now thanks to DCS and Star Citizen I'm all of those. Oh and I'm a rally car driver too!

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gYiSBwy0t0

Last edited by TripRodriguez; 04-21-2017 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Autocorrect sucks
TripRodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote