Red Flag Rumble - Mig21 vs F5 - Round 2 - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #71
Alpenwolf

Reputation power: 4
Alpenwolf will become famous soon enoughAlpenwolf will become famous soon enoughAlpenwolf will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by P61 View Post
If you would visit training that Stuge was organising weeks ago you would see how we kill T-55 tanks with salvo of 8 S-5 rockets...

One salvo of 8 rockets can kill T-55 if launched properly.

F-5 has no analogs to S-24, or to Kh-66 Grom it is unfair...

On the contrary I have no idea how F-5 can kill T-55 with its rockets cuz its salvo too spread..
+1

Totally correct
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:52 AM   #72
OperatorJack

Reputation power: 2
OperatorJack will become famous soon enoughOperatorJack will become famous soon enough

Is it too late to sign up as a reserve?

If so I'd like to be a reserve F-5 pilot
Old 04-20-2017, 11:27 AM   #73
Briggers

Reputation power: 0
Briggers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you would visit training that Stuge was organising weeks ago you would see how we kill T-55 tanks with salvo of 8 S-5 rockets...

On the contrary I have no idea how F-5 can kill T-55 with its rockets cuz its salvo too spread..
Yeah this is what I've found in testing as well. SnakeEyes are probably the best way to kill the tanks, but I don't know an accurate way to employ them.
Briggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:36 PM   #74
comie1

Reputation power: 9
comie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura about

Briggers with Omny out you should be in the mix now, with operator jack reserve cool!
Old 04-20-2017, 03:21 PM   #75
OperatorJack

OperatorJack will become famous soon enoughOperatorJack will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by comie1 View Post
Briggers with Omny out you should be in the mix now, with operator jack reserve cool!
I applied to the last one well in time to get a place on the first team, never got put down for it though for some reason
Old 04-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #76
Kevinhun

Kevinhun is on a distinguished road

Please add me as a F-5 reserve as well! I could not make the last two rounds because I was late with work, looking for my opportunity now!
Kevinhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:20 PM   #77
Briggers

Briggers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by comie1 View Post
All respect to Omny, but this is what I'm hoping! My hype levels cannot be higher.
Briggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:31 AM   #78
JunMcKill

Reputation power: 8
JunMcKill will become famous soon enoughJunMcKill will become famous soon enoughJunMcKill will become famous soon enough

Quote:

The MIG-21 has no equal A2A missile to the AIM-9P5, the R-60M nor the R-3R can be compare to them, at the same time, the visibility of the MIG-21 from the F-5 is perfect with the smoke tail, but is almost impossible to see a F-5 beyond 1 km, the F-5 pilots know that they can exploit the MIG-21 radar, flying low due the ground clutter. Did you read the statistics of the last match? We will need all the luck of the world to kill a F-5 in air to air.

Last edited by JunMcKill; 04-21-2017 at 04:21 AM.
JunMcKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:43 AM   #79
OperatorJack

Just so I'm following convention here
Operator Jack
F-5E
Old 04-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #80
P61

Reputation power: 4
P61 will become famous soon enoughP61 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to P61

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunMcKill View Post
The MIG-21 has no equal A2A missile to the AIM-9P5, the R-60M nor the R-3R can be compare to them, at the same time, the visibility of the MIG-21 from the F-5 is perfect with the smoke tail, but is almost impossible to see a F-5 beyond 1 km, the F-5 pilots know that they can exploit the MIG-21 radar, flying low due the ground clutter. Did you read the statistics of the last match? We will need all the luck of the world to kill a F-5 in air to air.
We were talking about A2G not A2A.

I reviewed last match, where you went on solo sortie btw if I recall correctly... And when I tried to brief you at the start with tactics we are planning with our 3 ship A2G element you said "Listen, I already won some of competitions..." or something like that...

Also MiG-21s were outnumbered, there were 4 or 5 more F-5s than MiG-21s, its easy to check.

Missiles of MiG-21 was patched compared to last rumble match and some of my and mine comrades work was put into it. R-13M now has seeker compared to AIM-9P5 (if we take rear aspect), but AIM-9P5 has more travel range which is about 1/3 more than R-13M ( for instance R-13 travel 4.7 KM AIM-9P5 travel 6.2 KM as per my tests before patch in certain situation that difference can mean something but not all the time its need thorough research to say how much this advantage affecting match keeping in mind speeds of planes and reaction time of pilots). Also MiG-21 weapon switch selector logic was changed to reflect real MiG-21.

R-60M is more maneuverable than AIM-9P5 and its seeker head sensitivity was patched aswell. And tracking bug is not there anymore.

Me and Stuge did number of flights and trainings and so far we concluded that difference in missiles is something you can work with, it is impossible to level this in A2A by restrictions for A2G at the moment and stay fair. You just need to keep A2A differences in mind. It is a good idea to try to do that but you need more research I think and more statistics than just one match..

Visibility is something you cannot change aswell, and actually for me to spot MiG-21 is easier too only because of its engine exhaust, maybe it is close to IRL I dunno. If F-5 use Afterburner it is visible just as MiG-21.

"F-5 pilots know that they can exploit the MIG-21 radar, flying low due the ground clutter" I would say that it is general tactic for any non BVR plane in that environment where we don't have SAM coverage... I don't see how we can change that. MiG-21 can go low aswell and F-5 radar will not pick it up because of same clutter. As for radar missiles of MiG I can use them in beam (visual) mode which will neglect flares of F-5.

Of course you will never get fully competitive environment, but I see no reason to change A2G restrictions because of A2A... Balance is hard but differences are not so dramatic (if you take in account restrictions that already being made), we have to work with what we have. If you want clear competitive environment then we need match F-5 vs F-5 or MiG-21 vs MiG-21. I never considered any DCS event as competitive, despite what people would say unless it was a competition between same planes on both sides.

Last edited by P61; 04-21-2017 at 01:39 PM.
P61 is offline   Reply With Quote