[INVESTIGATING] Ground Physics Bug? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 09:49 AM   #21
bbrz

Looks the 109 FM needs to be adapted for the new friction model.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:12 AM   #22
MAD-MM

After I fly only from time to time Spit, I can hammer know perfectly fine the Spitfire also sideways in the Ground what was wrong with the Friction before this change?
When you ask me but then are the Dampers are to weak on the Roll out, or the Momentum produced by the Wings are do big...

9./JG27
Old 08-10-2018, 11:16 AM   #23
golani79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
It still requires rudder, it just doesnt tip as easy, I dont think its so simple now. The tipping of the aircraft just isnt as crazy.

Under which circumstances does it require rudder now?

Everything is doable with brakes only. Even take-off with unlocked tailwheel ...

Auto-Rudder: 0
TO Assistance: 0
Rudder-Trim: 0
Aileron-Trim: 0

Old 08-10-2018, 11:51 AM   #24
rogonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD-MM View Post
Take Video this morning, 109 don't even make ground loop any more with unlocked Tailwheel..
After we live in the First 21 Century you can even watch this events on Youtube...
When you touch down a Plane like this on concrete Runway that was your last Landing...

i concur with all the folks finding this update not realistic.
Maybe its not a bug in the common sence but it sure feels like one^^

This is obviously way off guys and i hope theres gonna be changes to it. the groundhandling was alot better before, ALOT.

with luv, rog
Old 08-10-2018, 11:54 AM   #25
birdstrike

according to Volker Bau, THE BOSS, when its about current 109 pilots, 1/3rd of rudder input is needed until the tail raises, and almost full to full rudder input during the rise of the tailwheel . once it settles on the main gear, different rudder inputs are necessary to balance the bird until it lifts.

what we have now is not even close to this.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:21 PM   #26
NineLine
Community Manager

I'm asking Yo-Yo if it can be tuned some more, maybe not where it was, but a better balance between stability and instability.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 08-10-2018, 03:29 PM   #27
DefaultFace

I agree with the others, before the change takeoff in the 109 felt very consistent with the comments made by Volker Bau when he described the takeoff. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDMzZOOIFro).

Now I just managed to takeoff without any rudder or brake input without even having the tailwheel locked. The plane just veers to the left and drags the wing a bit till it gets enough speed to get airborne, and then it lifts off just fine. I really don't see how this can be realistic. The wing didn't even get damaged like it used to when you scrape it along the ground.

I did the same thing a while ago in 'the other sim' and shook my head when it worked. Really hope DCS does not continue in this direction.

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin
Old 08-10-2018, 03:30 PM   #28
Art-J+
Posting Rights Suspended

NL, don't you think the lateral friction adjustment went overboard to the other side? The problem I see now is that one doesn't have to learn proper T/O or landing techniques at all, as it seems to be impossible to depart off the runway or drop a wing unless the 109 is thrown sideways with extreme yaw angles. Even on asphalt surfaces, which are supposed to be more demanding for taildraggers. Where's realism in that?

Mind you, judging strictly from vids above Spit seems to behave more plausible with tyres pulling it noticeably to the right, while the 109 slides like on ice. Looks like not all warbirds were affected by the code change the same way.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:06 PM   #29
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-J View Post
NL, don't you think the lateral friction adjustment went overboard to the other side? The problem I see now is that one doesn't have to learn proper T/O or landing techniques at all, as it seems to be impossible to depart off the runway or drop a wing unless the 109 is thrown sideways with extreme yaw angles. Even on asphalt surfaces, which are supposed to be more demanding for taildraggers. Where's realism in that?

Mind you, judging strictly from vids above Spit seems to behave more plausible with tyres pulling it noticeably to the right, while the 109 slides like on ice. Looks like not all warbirds were affected by the code change the same way.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...0&postcount=26
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 08-10-2018, 05:41 PM   #30
Whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
I'm asking Yo-Yo if it can be tuned some more, maybe not where it was, but a better balance between stability and instability.
Thank you Sir
Closed Thread