[REPORTED] Aircraft sound stops

Reflected

Had it happen twice during the Museum Relics campaign, once in about 10 minutes of the first mission, and once toward the end of mission 2. It seems to reliably appear, if just need easy to recreate on demand.

Same here, but in mission 5. Also I got this bug sometimes doing training missions. It is very annoying...

It only happens with cockpit sounds, once you get to external views, everything works. Radio chatter can be heard as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was finally able to recreate the issue using our latest internal version and report it to the devs [#45336]. Thank you all very much for your help and patience!

Hi Derelor, just to be sure, I suppose it was not fixed yet? I didn't see any related items in the changelog.

Had it happen twice during the Museum Relics campaign, once in about 10 minutes of the first mission, and once toward the end of mission 2. It seems to reliably appear, if just need easy to recreate on demand.

Same here, but in mission 5. Also I got this bug sometimes doing training missions. It is very annoying...

It only happens with cockpit sounds, once you get to external views, everything works. Radio chatter can be heard as well.

Guys, why wouldn't you post at least a log so the devs have a chance to debug this? I'm pretty sure that just a description like that won't help, and obviously they've been trying to narrow it down for almost 3 years.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Hi Derelor, just to be sure, I suppose it was not fixed yet? I didn't see any related items in the changelog.

Guys, why wouldn't you post at least a log so the devs have a chance to debug this? I'm pretty sure that just a description like that won't help, and obviously they've been trying to narrow it down for almost 3 years.

There is never anything in the logs and since it can't be reliably recreated, the only thing they have to go on was a coincidental recording and I think Nine Line ended up experiencing it as well.

There is never anything in the logs and since it can't be reliably recreated, the only thing they have to go on was a coincidental recording and I think Nine Line ended up experiencing it as well.

This couldn't hurt:

Just flew the bomb training mission several times without issues.

You can try turning on extended logging by placing the following command - which should also work in release build - in your autoexec.cfg:

log.set_output("dcs", "", log.ALL, log.FULL)

The first case I quoted can be reproduced reliably, so the track seems like an obvious item to post.

This thread is stunning in that regard. There must be tens of people reporting the problem and almost none give much detail, that's a waste of opportunity to pinpoint a problem obviously hard to find. Most people don't even mention the version or any information on their system.

I think ED specifically required the logs and track, among other items, in order to avoid this kind of silly situation. When they saw it was mostly overlooked, they introduced the auto-report gizmo for fatal crashes. I'm pretty sure that more than 80% of people are even unaware of that post I've just linked ;)

Also stunning is how little people read the thread they're posting in. How many times in this thread have the logs/details been asked? And yet here we are. It's not only in this thread but in general (and it happened to me as well, but at least I'm trying to read a little before posting), the attention span of a thread in these forums seem to be about 2-3 posts on average :D

Well, at least some info on the missions were given. I suppose that if the support tries that on the openbeta and release versions, on a few set of DCS settings, they have a chance of stumbling onto the problem.

But yeah, Derelor seems to have caught that at some point, I was asking if the patch had been released to know whether this is another issue or still the same.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the cockpit sound cut out while flying around the Nevada desert. F2 view and F3 view sound worked OK after the cutout, it's just the cockpit sound that dies. I have most purchasable modules and I havent experienced this before (only bought the F86 a couple of days ago).

Log file and track file attached.

F86 Cockpit sound cutout.trk

dcs - Copy.txt

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

The first case I quoted can be reproduced reliably, so the track seems like an obvious item to post.

I'm curious, when did you figure out how to reproduce it reliably and what did you do to initiate the bug?

Also I note that you previously said that the bug had only happed to you a couple of times and there was nothing useful in the logs, what did you notice and where did you post them? Maybe I have seen the same thing and dismissed it.

Thanks Jedra!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

I'm curious, when did you figure out how to reproduce it reliably and what did you do to initiate the bug?

I never said that. But RampantCoyote did in the post that I quoted, it's just above...

Also I note that you previously said that the bug had only happed to you a couple of times and there was nothing useful in the logs, what did you notice and where did you post them? Maybe I have seen the same thing and dismissed it.

It's the initial post of this thread.

This is not helping, so please stop.

• 4 weeks later...

I will try the log scripts from the other thread and test this week. It MAY have been fixed with the latest Open Beta update. I noticed different sound dynamics internal and external views. Also, the wing overload sound may have something to do with it. That was mentioned a year or so ago and kinda was forgotten.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

I'm having trouble finding my autoexec.cfg file. Would someone point me in the right direction? I can search it of course but it wasn't in the DCS folder where I expected.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This happened to me a couple of nights ago. mid-flight, in cockpit sound just cut out, thought my game crashed. but the plane was still moving and the sound was still there in f2. odd that it's a sabre specific issue.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

I still could not locate the autoexec.cfg file! I searched windows. Something is missing. I think there is an autoconfig.cfg in the DCS folder but I need to check tonight. It may be that the wing stress sound in cockpit for the Sabre causes a data error that wrecks the sound environment in the cockpit. Works fine from external view and with some other radio messages or the like. ... Maybe the "stess" sound file is actually missing and this causes the sound routine to crash from that "earpoint" location? I only saw a couple effects files in the sabre folder. G breath, wing load, but no actually tin can - spar stress sound.

I would love to create a log but but I can't do that without the right file edits! This may be a moot point if the bug was finally fixed in the last update. Sounds seemed to change a bit but I saw no sign of it in the change logs so far.

Edited by Squiffy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I may have found it. Is it autoexec.lua?

"Originally Posted by derelor View Post

Just flew the bomb training mission several times without issues.

You can try turning on extended logging by placing the following command - which should also work in release build - in your autoexec.cfg: (actually .lua)

log.set_output("dcs", "", log.ALL, log.FULL)"

Edited by Squiffy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I flew last night, saw another update, declined and just had some dogfights. Sound in the cockpit is different when taxiing back with the canopy open. I did not create any log file in the autoexec.lua. Not sure how that would work and I want to see if is was already fixed in the last couple updates.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just happened again. Had to dig to find the log AND track file I KNEW I saved. It was in Open Beta under saved games of course ;) I did 2 updates since last post as well. Replaced my edited F-86, MiG-15 and Shell_table.luas Sound loss is towards the end of each track.

sound loss 1.trk

sound loss 2.trk

dcs.log.txt

Edited by Squiffy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
  • ED Team

Hi all

Sorry for the delay, I have asked for an update on this issue.

If I get any news I will pass it on.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting. So maybe it's a 3d sound issue where F10 changes the view and "live camera location." Then somehow, the cockpit view location gets broken, but only that view and sound source, and not the external sounds... from that view location. So F10 is breaking the Cockpit sound location for cockpit sounds?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi Schmidtfire

Yes I agree it has been to long, I have highlighted the report again and increased it's priority.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Aha, found the other thread. Experiment with F10 map view and see what happens. Keep your fingers crossed for a solution.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]