VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

The Checking in with JTAC has been "[JTAC] Playtime 10-60 minutes" (in 5 minute intervals) for at least over a year. About the time when I got Vaicom I think and made a video. I just checked it and that's exactly how I spoke back then. The video in question has actually been added by Hollywood to the very first post of this thread.

The "Checking In" command is I suspect regarding the new SuperCarrier comms. There's a few SC commands already in Vaicom and have been for a while. There's even a check box for it in the EX tab.

If you want to add the "with you" alias, you must add it to one of the "Playtime x minutes" command. Sugest you add it to the 60 minutes one, and then just checkout whenever you want. Or you could go all out and add an Alias for each one with something such as "With you for x minutes"

I beleive it's the export.lua in saved games/scripts you need to worry about

That didn't work either.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

I am also now having problems with DCS and Viacom on 2.5.5 whilst speech is recognized no action is taken , and for ATC it tells me no recipients are available. I also get the comms menu pop up.

I have deleted the export.lua several times reset everything except the registration keys, and i am quite out of ideas ... any suggestions gratefully accepted

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

My Viacom is still FUBAR. DCS sticks at 10% on loading after trying all the suggested fixes. Have to wait for more patch updates.

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

My Viacom is still FUBAR. DCS sticks at 10% on loading after trying all the suggested fixes. Have to wait for more patch updates.

Stop VA and close it down completely (check your task bar). Run repair via DCS Updater Utility. This will get you flying. Run DCS. Just don't run VA until this gets figured out.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

The Checking in with JTAC has been "[JTAC] Playtime 10-60 minutes" (in 5 minute intervals) for at least over a year. About the time when I got Vaicom I think and made a video. I just checked it and that's exactly how I spoke back then. The video in question has actually been added by Hollywood to the very first post of this thread.

The "Checking In" command is I suspect regarding the new SuperCarrier comms. There's a few SC commands already in Vaicom and have been for a while. There's even a check box for it in the EX tab.

If you want to add the "with you" alias, you must add it to one of the "Playtime x minutes" command. Sugest you add it to the 60 minutes one, and then just checkout whenever you want. Or you could go all out and add an Alias for each one with something such as "With you for x minutes"

Thanks dude,

That explains that. However, it does suggest the manual needs an update then as the current one which is dated January 2020 doesn’t echo the actual operation you kindly supplied. Sort of devalues term ‘read the f****** manual somewhat?

Waistcat

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

OK, so the answer for me, was uninstall all mod's, running repair, then in config use a custom dcs path, but not selecting ob exiting VA and finally deleting export.lua, then adding my mods back in . YMMV this was on 2.5.5

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

The VAICOM plugin is crap as far as I am concerned, it doesn't work with the J-11A or the JF-17 as it breaks in-game comms for both aircraft. When I approached the devs about the issue( VA, VAICOM and ED) they all pointed fingers at each other. I now use Voice Attack alone with profiles I created for each aircraft I fly and it works great, have had no issues with the latest OB versions and patches.

I could never get on with VIACOM either, so I use standalone Voice Attack too. But since the update I can’t seem to shut off the pilot’s voice, so it echoes all my commands, irritatingly. The No Pilot Voice mod doesn’t seem to work any more. Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks dude,

That explains that. However, it does suggest the manual needs an update then as the current one which is dated January 2020 doesn’t echo the actual operation you kindly supplied. Sort of devalues term ‘read the f****** manual somewhat?

Waistcat

Not sure what you mean. The Super Carrier Commands aren't supposed to be active yet. They are just sitting in the list of commands until we get the SuperCarrier, and I imagine they will come as a paid expansion to Vaicom as well (As AIRIO). But all the commands you are supposed to uses and are supported at this time are in the manual. What exactly do you feel is missing from the manual?

I do agree that some things should be explained better. Integration in particular is not covered very well in my opinion. But I'm genuinely not sure what you are getting at.

I could never get on with VIACOM either, so I use standalone Voice Attack too. But since the update I can’t seem to shut off the pilot’s voice, so it echoes all my commands, irritatingly. The No Pilot Voice mod doesn’t seem to work any more. Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Vaicom silencing of the Pilots own voice is working. But Vaicom was updated, I imagine the stand alone No Pilot Voice Mod, needs to be updated as well.

Not sure what you mean. The Super Carrier Commands aren't supposed to be active yet. They are just sitting in the list of commands until we get the SuperCarrier, and I imagine they will come as a paid expansion to Vaicom as well (As AIRIO). But all the commands you are supposed to uses and are supported at this time are in the manual. What exactly do you feel is missing from the manual?

I do agree that some things should be explained better. Integration in particular is not covered very well in my opinion. But I'm genuinely not sure what you are getting at.

My confusion doesn’t lie with the carrier comms. Let me explain. I wanted to improve my voice comms with JTAC. I used the JTAC flow instructional page to achieve that and the first contact instruction contains the phrase ‘checking in’. I couldn’t get past this phrase. I tried to add it to the Microsoft voice dictionary (as Hollywood suggests in his video) but still the phrase caused problems. So I decided I would create an alias using the keyword editor. I found ‘checking in’ and the phrase was shown as in carrier ATC category. If I dropped down to the next phrase, ‘Checking out’ appears and it’s category was JTAC (and forms the end of the JTAC transmission accord to the JTAC flow instructional page in the manual and it has 3 aliases). So I’m trying to use a phrase as directed by the manual for JTAC which whilst appearing on the database isn’t actually a JTAC oriented phrase. In order to understand what I was missing I then tried to find ‘checking in’ in the references. Now whether it’s Carrier ATC or JTAC I would have thought it would appear in the reference so I could cross check. But it doesn’t. I checked a 2017 edition of the manual and there is a JTAC flow instructional page and whilst there has been changes to this opening contact transmission text, ‘checking in’ was still included in 2017. I can’t, as far as I understand, create an alias for ‘checking in’ because of where it sits within the categories. It was just the confusion that I highlighted and you kindly showed me an alternative, for which I’m grateful.

I appreciate you time,

Waistcat

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

With today's update 2.5.6.43931 VAICOM shows repeatedly comm menu. It is not triggered by my own spoken command. May be the comm menu is triggered by activated chatter in the background...

Shut down DCS and Vaicom, delete export.lua in your user's Saved games / DCS / script folder, that fixes it for me every time. You probabaly have to do it after every major update of DCS or Vaicom. Ages old bug.

Same here. I did a repair. And now i can start DCS only without Vaicom running. OMG

7700k@5.0, 2080Ti OC, 960Pro M2, 32GB 3600 RAM, Virpil T-50CM stick, Virpil T-50 throttle, Trustmaster TPR rudder, HP Reverb consumer

Same here. I did a repair. And now i can start DCS only without Vaicom running. OMG

When you get stuck at 10% loading, what error messages are showing in the DCS log file?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

OK, so the answer for me, was uninstall all mod's, running repair, then in config use a custom dcs path, but not selecting ob exiting VA and finally deleting export.lua, then adding my mods back in . YMMV this was on 2.5.5

it also seems to work with 2.5.6 by ticking the ob box.

Im also setting the dcs_variant.txt variables to blank for 2.5.5 and openbeta for 2.5.6. which means i get a DCS and DCS.openbeta saved games directory. I think part of my problem was that I dint have this variable set before and i only had a single saved games dir, so 2.5.5 and 2.5.6 were trying to coexist ?

How are you supposed to be able to set way points from map markers with the AIRIO on multiplayer servers like Georgia At War?

Since there are no Jester wheel, I have no idea which marker is number 1, 2, 3 etc..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

How are you supposed to be able to set way points from map markers with the AIRIO on multiplayer servers like Georgia At War?

Since there are no Jester wheel, I have no idea which marker is number 1, 2, 3 etc..

Good question, but I don't see that as a Vaicom problem rather players discipline using the map markers when they are shared by everyone. Now I do think if we could have Jester Wheel and Vaicom at the same time it would be quite a nice backup for certain situations, but I believe Hollywood has commented that this may be thecnicaly difficult.

Good question, but I don't see that as a Vaicom problem rather players discipline using the map markers when they are shared by everyone. Now I do think if we could have Jester Wheel and Vaicom at the same time it would be quite a nice backup for certain situations, but I believe Hollywood has commented that this may be thecnicaly difficult.
Problem is I'm flying in a squad, and we do missions and training events on our own servers with several sections/squadrons.

For now I've just not used Vaicom when flying with them just because of this.. And that's a bit sad and pointless

@all

To repeat for clarity, perhaps superfluously

Plugin 2.5.16 is confirmed to work 100% OK with both DCS versions.

-2.5.5 Release.

-2.5.6 Open Beta.

No additional plugin patches or updates will be issued atm.

After an update, for a normal automated install no action is required other than restart of VA and DCS.

If you need to reset your lua :refer to post #1/#2 and/or FAQ page.

After DCS Repair confirm VA runs as admin, disable mods, and delete export.lua from Saved Games.

For STEAM use Custom Path and check OB for Open Beta, don't check for Release.

Restart VA before starting DCS.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@waistcat the correct command to use is Playtime 5-60 Minutes, Reference Tables page 55 - JTAC section.

@Chris-NO Map Markers for Multiplayer is under review for next AIRIO update.

Wow! That was very welcome and good news! Thanks a bunch! It's the only thing I haven't been satisfied with. All other functions are awsome!

Good work!

@all

To repeat for clarity, perhaps superfluously

Plugin 2.5.16 is confirmed to work 100% OK with both DCS versions.

-2.5.5 Release.

-2.5.6 Open Beta.

No additional plugin patches or updates will be issued atm.

After an update, for a normal automated install no action is required other than restart of VA and DCS.

If you need to reset your lua :refer to post #1/#2 and/or FAQ page.

After DCS Repair confirm VA runs as admin, disable mods, and delete export.lua from Saved Games.

For STEAM use Custom Path and check OB for Open Beta, don't check for Release.

Restart VA before starting DCS.

Grtz

Sorry but still not working. I ponted to the customized path, in fact I got only a beta version under a folder called DCS world no steam on my "F:" SDD so I did not check the flag on ob into the config tab but DCS is stuck on 10% still.

To be honest the first time I tried to follow your tips I was able to load a mission but I had the comm menu flashing and no way to connect Vaicom pro to my F/A-18C.

So I repeated the procedure above indicated but... no goal.... 10% stuck. The only way to load DCS is not starting VoiceAttack with Vaicom Pro. Any further suggestion?

Sorry but still not working. I ponted to the customized path, in fact I got only a beta version under a folder called DCS world no steam on my "F:" SDD so I did not check the flag on ob into the config tab but DCS is stuck on 10% still.

To be honest the first time I tried to follow your tips I was able to load a mission but I had the comm menu flashing and no way to connect Vaicom pro to my F/A-18C.

So I repeated the procedure above indicated but... no goal.... 10% stuck. The only way to load DCS is not starting VoiceAttack with Vaicom Pro. Any further suggestion?

Stenji any other mods? Vaicom might not be the only thing that was giving the stuck at 10% after 2.5.6 got out. Vaicom was updated but other mods probably have not been.