JASDF thread

Kusch

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japans Airforce very rarely mentioned in such an important place of the world. Probably one of the most underestimated airforce by aviation fans.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

My first gut reaction to the load carried by that F-15 was: "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? A new Cherry Blossom?" :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

A new remote controlled aircraft toy-models maybe? Just kidding... I like the creativity the japanese show in almost everything. And what Pilotasso is saying - no reason to underestimate the Japanese air force, their pilots are very well trained and motivated and its nice to see some original japanese weapon programs developed and tested too. Just a few countries are working on complex projects like 5th gen fighter for instance and i`m happy to see Japan is one of them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...
How does the F-2 compare to Block 50/52 F-16's?

Well there isn`t a lot of info available, or at least l couldn`t find any, to be able to make a serious comparison. F-2 is bigger, costs several times more :), uses the Mitsubishi J/APG-1 AESA radar, which I remember reading somewhere was more powerful than F-16`s one... but is it true and which F-16 radar exactly it was compared to, I don`t have a clue. If someone has more info it would be really nice to see how this aircraft compares to the F-16s.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well there isn`t a lot of info available, or at least l couldn`t find any, to be able to make a serious comparison. F-2 is bigger, costs several times more :), uses the Mitsubishi J/APG-1 AESA radar, which I remember reading somewhere was more powerful than F-16`s one... but is it true and which F-16 radar exactly it was compared to, I don`t have a clue. If someone has more info it would be really nice to see how this aircraft compares to the F-16s.

It reportedly costs $100 Million dollars. But I've been scouring the internet for info on the radar and some of the other indigenous systems but can't find anything of substance. You've hid it's secrets very well Topol-m :lol::P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22