Black Shark 3?

QuiGon

They posted an announcement with text and pictures. We are getting what you can see in the pictures and read in the text. If it wasn't in the text and not in the pictures, we aren't getting it.

Speculating about what wasn't written or shown can be an interesting exercise, but in my experience it's a waste of time and energy. Your experience may differ, and that's cool, too.

Aha, but where those new IGLAS will be carried? Antoher thing we don't know is what exactly President-S will be in BS3.

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Aha, but where those new IGLAS will be carried? Antoher thing we don't know is what exactly President-S will be in BS3.

At the risk of sounding glib, the Ka-50 has 4 weapons stations, so the Igla racks will go on one or more of those. We could speculate about inner or outer and if they can be asymmetrical, I suppose.

We also know that #25 was tested with the L370-5 President-S countermeasures suite, so it seems pretty likely that's what we're getting. That is, laser warning receiver, missile approach warning system, automatic flare dispensing, and directional IR jammers, just like what was tested on #25. BS2 already has a laser warning receiver, and the jammers and missile approach warning system were mentioned in the newsletter. Not mentioned was the automatic dispensing of flares, but one could argue that already exists as well with BS2, albeit not automatic in response to threats, just automatic in accordance with a set program. No RWR, chaff, or radar jamming, none of which were tested on #25 as far as I know, and they weren't mentioned in the announcement. The DIRCM pods and MAWS sensors can be seen on the models that were included in the announcement, but the model does not include the radar warning receiver antennas.

It should be coming at some point, but likely needs again some heavy reworking with the DCS engine to allow such simulation when explosions happens.

But considering that we now have a GPU's capable for raytracing..... it shouldn't be a problem.

There are some very heavy and complex radar simulators, that are actually doing it by simulating audio. Likely they use the EAX technology from Sound Blaster from 90's to virtualize audio and that way generate very accurate reflections, echoing etc and that way get the radar feedback.

Now we have raytracing so why not use it to simulate the fragmentation directions, spread and then calculate from hitpoints the penetration?

Should be fairly easy really compared to ray tracing light, to trace few hundred/thousand fragments....

You think like a programmer :)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On the AH-64A, the CPG (copilot/gunner) has a missile control panel, and on that panel is a selector switch for the missile seeker type: LASER, RF/IR, and IRIS. It might as well be welded into the LASER position. The production AH-64A was never capable of employing RF or IR missiles (the D-model finally got them), and IRIS was probably the ASRAAM (AIM-132) concept that never really got off the ground.

They did tell us. We're just not listening.

You're already convinced, we know you're not buying it. It won't have a third rail for Igla, and it won't have FLIR.

Gotcha... id like to see an apache in the game :)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

At the risk of sounding glib, the Ka-50 has 4 weapons stations, so the Igla racks will go on one or more of those. We could speculate about inner or outer and if they can be asymmetrical, I suppose.

We also know that #25 was tested with the L370-5 President-S countermeasures suite, so it seems pretty likely that's what we're getting. That is, laser warning receiver, missile approach warning system, automatic flare dispensing, and directional IR jammers, just like what was tested on #25. BS2 already has a laser warning receiver, and the jammers and missile approach warning system were mentioned in the newsletter. Not mentioned was the automatic dispensing of flares, but one could argue that already exists as well with BS2, albeit not automatic in response to threats, just automatic in accordance with a set program. No RWR, chaff, or radar jamming, none of which were tested on #25 as far as I know, and they weren't mentioned in the announcement. The DIRCM pods and MAWS sensors can be seen on the models that were included in the announcement, but the model does not include the radar warning receiver antennas.

I will be more than happy If that President thingie helps defeat incoming MANPADS, both by jamming and by automatically deploying flares. It will be a must for Syrian map. If in top of that it tells you from where the threat is coming, then even better.

Regarding the Iglas, I know how many HP the Ka50 has, just curious to know the weapons combinations we will be able to carry depending If the Iglas can be carried on outer, inner or both HP.

Would love to see a video with the both systems in action, In top of that, If we can see the Ka50 flying over Syria...

Thanks, is nice to see we can have constructive conversations.

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

And this literally all we need to know. Now, to wait...

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

And this literally all we need to know. Now, to wait...

What we know is that many of the KA-50 variants has gone multiple modifications through. And that there was two serial production standards made, one drafted before the Chechen war for a four KA-50 and four KA-27/29, and then one upgraded standard after the war experiences and after trials to find how to modify the KA-50's based the experience. Then that upgraded serial production standard was approved by DoD and set order to build few more up to that standard. But funding was cancelled and all KA-50's were not upgraded, until years later the project was restarted and few KA-50 were made to serial version, as it was as well important to get KA-52 project quickly completed and start its production as well.

It is not that#25 was made and it said as is. It was modified many times, and our KA-50 is one variant, at one phase of it's modifying history. Not the latest, not the first.

One can't look the port number and state that it is very specific one by features, as it has gone multiple changes.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Absolutely true, but you can look at the model from the announcement and tell which one it is.

That is still only the external one, doesn't show cockpit or even that how IGLAs are mounted. As there is hypothetical other options for that too, as it is completely new module instead just graphical update.

Thanks for the otherkind pictures. First time I see the crane being used on the Russian airfield. I have always thought that where it would be used, never connecting it to the getting engines out on the field. And seeing the engine pulled out from the KA-50 is very nice.

As well that possibility too to have just the wings upgraded with the one that has third pylon is possibility.

"As well that possibility too to have just the wings upgraded with the one that has third pylon is possibility."

Which one did they do that to?

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

The point being that this was an EXPERIMENTAL helicopter with a Capital E. God knows how many variants we don't know about. I just look at the Ka-52 and think, if the the Ka-50 had been mass produced, it would have been a single seat Ka-52, maybe minus the radar. Not sure they could have stuffed that in there.

Cause right now, it's not much use on a 21st Century, modern battlefield. It can't defend itself against aircraft ( cause it can't lock up aircraft for s@#t! ), and it has no night ability, because it can't see anything on the ground. In the 21'st Century, night ability is a MUST! You snooze, you lose!

"As well that possibility too to have just the wings upgraded with the one that has third pylon is possibility."

Which one did they do that to?

It was done for KA-50-2 and KA-52. wings are chanced.

The point being that this was an EXPERIMENTAL helicopter with a Capital E. God knows how many variants we don't know about. I just look at the Ka-52 and think, if the the Ka-50 had been mass produced, it would have been a single seat Ka-52, maybe minus the radar. Not sure they could have stuffed that in there.

It was ordered by Department of Defence to produce few more KA-50 to upgraded standard, that was created before and then second after the war and modifications based experiences from there was to be included in upgraded standard.

The helicopters didn't get out from the factory as funding was halted, and then years later continued.

So prototyping phase was over, production was started but halted.

Yeah, but it seems it was all kind of half-arse, like they were just finishing up something that they had promised someone years ago. And putting minimal effort into it. I remember reading even the last few frames that weren't absolutely promised were made into Ka-52's.

So, I really don't think the Ka-50 was ever truly finished. More like it was just dumped by people who didn't want to bother with it anymore. Can't blame them, since they already had the Ka-52. It is much harder for a single pilot to operate a complex heli than it is two. I would love to have a weapons officer I could just call out targets to. At the least, he could select weapons, and lock them up for me. Then all I would have to do is fly and fire.

Anyone have info of the FLIR equipped Ka-50's? I'm curious.

Well known it's the Ka50Sh, it came in two flavors, with one and two eo turrets (made by Sagem IIRC). It was presented in MAKS some time ago.

Then, it seems a variant of the Shkval with the same sensor from Mercure (LLTV) was installed in one of the prototypes, but I haven't been able to either find a picture or more relevant info.

you added bonus in thread, I search for bonus about points, and end up with unrelated bonus... grrrrrrrr

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

BTW, on the last picture given by Ghost there are two camera systems. I always wondered what was the little one for. I know that a prototype had a new helmet device, so is its role to display FLIR on the helmet ?

No because technically, one camera is perfectly enough for combat.