Nonlinear control, best idea ever!

Just want to thank you, BST, for making the nonlinear option for non FFB sticks.

It's so much easier to control and at the same time retain energy in the F-5 now.

I hope you will do the same for the F-86.

Cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Just want to thank you, BST, for making the nonlinear option for non FFB sticks.

It's so much easier to control and at the same time retain energy in the F-5 now.

I hope you will do the same for the F-86.

Cheers.

Indeed... Much easier.

Thank you for pointing that out! :)

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Me to, how is it different?

I use 15 curve for pitch and roll and 20 for rudder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

It changes your virtual stick range in relation to trim. With it enabled you will always be able to reach virtual extremes regardles of trim.

For instance: If you trim for takeoff with a linear, you only have half or less of range on your real joystick before you reach the stop of your virtual stick.

With nonlinear your extremes will always equal the extremes in the sim.

You can try to toggle it on and off, go in the sim, press ctrl+enter, trim, wove the stick and watch what happens with and without it.

For some reason it seems to make flying and trimming a lot easier.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Cool! I thought it meant the same as the axis % curves. Those are by nature nonlinear but not in direct relation to trim. The deadzones do in some way at extremes but all in all this sounds very nice. Here's hoping for the Sabre, although I am pretty used to stumbling around near stall now. It may help at higher speed and G too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Will this non linear function make it into other DCS planes or is it to fix some abnormalities in the F5 that a desk stick cant relate to well?

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle