Arrester and overrun gear on airfields

Yeti42

So I was returning home from a particularly dirty spat with a Mig 29 in my F14 the other day, when I realized I'd suffered a lot of damage and my wings were stuck at 68 degrees, my breaks were also degraded. My high-speed approach resulted in my shooting off the end of the runway and disappearing in a ball of flame. I was based at Nato military airfields in the 80's and 90's, all these airfields had arrestor gear and overrun gear for emergencies just like this. Are there any plans to implement this functionality in DCS? The mechanics are there as we have arrester gear on carriers, would be a good addition and add reality...

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

Yeah, that would be a nice addition, I had asked previously with regards to NTTR Nellis AFB.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175530

I had no reply to this since then.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

+1

Had similar damage today skidded in a 180 but didn't roll over managed to repair unfortunately I forgot to reset the fire handle so couldn't start the right engine doh. Respawned in the end for another long transit. Nice job Heatblur was well p'ed off during the transit chatting to my back seater when I realized what I had done wrong.

Would really like and approach end and overrun cable if ED could manage it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

The Navy has them for training on land, why shouldn't we?

I'm going to run out of planes from carrier crashes before I get it down. Having that capability on land could have saved the DCS taxpayers millions. :)

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

The Navy has them for training on land, why shouldn't we?

I'm going to run out of planes from carrier crashes before I get it down. Having that capability on land could have saved the DCS taxpayers millions. :)

End of runway arresting gear is certainly not exclusive to naval bases. Air Force base also have them, and USAF aircraft also have hooks for that (but they are for emergency, and not in-flight retractable).

You sounds like trapping anywhere on the world doesn't exists: DCS: F/A-18C Hornet » Wish List » Field Carrier Landing Practice https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197436&highlight=fclp

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3535954&postcount=54

If arrestor grear will be a placeable object we can place it anywhere. Our right.

Edited by discwalker

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD