Realistic collision detection between aircraft and refueling boom.

GTFreeFlyer

Nothing quite breaks the realistic immersion such as watching the boom penetrate and pass through yourself or a wingman. It would be nice to see realistic collision detection that would impart some force on your aircraft and the boom too. Perhaps too much force and you’ll even break the boom, crack your windshield, create a trail of fuel, and cause your MP wingmen to really let you have it. That should work up the proper nerves required for AAR :)

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

+1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Yes, absolutely make AAR even more difficult!

I want to see booms tooth-picking aircraft! I want broken windshields, broken tankers! I want vortexes, I want shudder, judder. I want poor quality fuel that flames out engines! I want it to suck even more! ;)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Last I heard they were working on/talking about collision and boom/basket physics a few months ago. Definitely coming... you know ... ''soon''

Yep, it sounded like it was close when they talked about it a few months ago but we haven't heard much more on it. But it's definitely in their pipeline.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Only if they fix that bug with the A-10C where the tanker shoves its boom through your nose/cockpit, even though you're in the correct position.

Look at the bright side: the collision detection is good enough to realise the pilot is now slightly headless, but all other systems are operating normally and — if properly trimmed — the aircraft will hang on to the boom for quite some time… :P

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Yes!

Yes, absolutely make AAR even more difficult!

I want to see booms tooth-picking aircraft! I want broken windshields, broken tankers! I want vortexes, I want shudder, judder. I want poor quality fuel that flames out engines! I want it to suck even more! ;)

^^ That ^^

I thought ED was working on this already. Didn't Wags promise an AAR video when the new S3 and basket physics are completed?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I thought ED was working on this already. Didn't Wags promise an AAR video when the new S3 and basket physics are completed?

Where did he say so? I'm not aware of such plans.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg