Roadways have blinding white light

xdays

I just installed DCS World and when I started a flight in the TF-51 the windscreen was all white, but you could still read the aircraft and ground threat tags. Same thing in the SU-25. If I panned the view to the side, the ground or sky began coming into view. The roads also seemed to be lit up, like having a very bright light in your eyes! It is impossible to fly like this, so any help in getting this resolved would be much appreciated. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Thanks

Sounds like a graphics card issue. Try updating your driver. Which card are you using?

Also, can you post a screenshot? That would help.

It's a new build and I installed an Nvidia rtx2070. Drivers have been updated and are current.

Gamma ? Try moving your gamma slider in DCS system settings to the left

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Thanks...I'll try that when I get back home.

Moving the gamma slider all the way left had no effect on the screen. Here is another screenshot. Unless I can get this resolved I can't see any incentive in paying for any additional modules.

2u77o1g.jpg

Edited by xdays

I just installed DCS World and when I started a flight in the TF-51 the windscreen was all white, but you could still read the aircraft and ground threat tags. Same thing in the SU-25. If I panned the view to the side, the ground or sky began coming into view. The roads also seemed to be lit up, like having a very bright light in your eyes! It is impossible to fly like this, so any help in getting this resolved would be much appreciated. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Thanks

SOLVED: I'm embarrassed to say that I had my monitor connected to the motherboard HDMI slot. Once I connected it to the GPU HDMI slot all was good. Newbie mistake!