A little real-life Mi-8 action

among those of you who don't share too much interest in this particular helicopter

Great footage, thanks for sharing. How can someone NOT share too much interest in this bird is however something I'll never understand :D

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Nothing crazy, just a bit of Mi-8 action from one of the partners and consultants working with us on DCS: Mi-8MTV2 to maybe help inspire a few among those of you who don't share too much interest in this particular helicopter. :)

When they fly over the forest my first thought was "Why don't they fly lower?", second thought was "Oh yeah, the trees has a collision model" :lol:

• Like 1

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Hello,

WOW I really love these videos, I looking for the videos of the Mi-8 on Youtube but it's not easy to found...

Is it possible to have other videos of this quality ?

My modest contribution:

Best regards, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

I love the ingame sound, imho it has the best sound from all of the DCS modules, incredible work BST guys!!!! :thumbup:

Compare it to this great video of Czech private modernised Mi-8T. I posted it already somewhere else, but it is worth it to post it again :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfHU25sNWjI

Edited by Suchacz

Hello,

There's few minutes I've found these videos:

and

Mi-8! The Magnificent Eight! 1/2 (Wings of Russia Studio)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMgbcE-fVME

Mi-8! The Magnificent Eight! 2/2 (Wings of Russia Studio)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoxuksyXV0

Bye, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

Hello,

Mi-8! The Magnificent Eight! 1/2 (Wings of Russia Studio)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMgbcE-fVME

Mi-8! The Magnificent Eight! 2/2 (Wings of Russia Studio)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoxuksyXV0

Bye, Skull.

+1

A MUST see documentary.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Wow ! Great documentary. Very impressive aircraft for sure if you weren't already convinced.

Edit: Just finished watching the second part which focused primarily on the Mi-8 in combat. Amazing machine. I want the rear ramp, wide side cargo door, "door" gunners, anti tank missiles..........

And would also be great to see both the Mi-8 and Huey capable of offloading troops from a hover without landing in rough terrain.... well we can wish can't we ?

Edited by lorenzoj

Hello TaliG and Lorenzoj,

I'm very happy that you like these videos, yes you have right the Mi-8 is very incredible and an awesome machine !!!

I've created one little mission where I put many targets on the ground and now I work hard for destroy all these target with the Mi-8 and its gun machines, a real pleasure to fly with this "module", Belsimtek has created one incredible helicopter.

BST, congratulation and best regards.

Bye TaliG and Lorenzoj, Skull.

Hello,

I've found the video this morning:

Best regards, Skull.

I love the ingame sound, imho it has the best sound from all of the DCS modules, incredible work BST guys!!!! :thumbup:

Compare it to this great video of Czech private modernised Mi-8T. I posted it already somewhere else, but it is worth it to post it again :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfHU25sNWjI

It is interesting that they are flying it without autopilot engaged.

Nothing crazy, just a bit of Mi-8 action from one of the partners and consultants working with us on DCS: Mi-8MTV2 to maybe help inspire a few among those of you who don't share too much interest in this particular helicopter.

First question : what misic is that please , the video really does look good .

Second ..... If I was going down the helicopter route , I would prefer this over a Ka-50 , and even the Bell . Its got so much scenario potential . Im trying to master the A-10C , party about in a Mig-29 or F-15 for a blast .

The only helicopter that would swing me towards flying helo's would be if they released a DCS AH-1W ..... than I would buy the Mi-8 .

Ive watched it flying about in MP and it really is the dogs bollocks ..... love it . Needs a Hind to support it :)

Great footage mate, really !

I'm so impatient to be a military heli pilot ... finger crossed I'll success the very hard exams to achieve it ... In a couple of days now

Best of luck with that mate ..... what might you end up flying when you pass your exams , Super Puma perhaps ?

Let us know of your results .

It is interesting that they are flying it without autopilot engaged.

Would you trust a Russian autopilot that low ..... I wouldn't trust any autopilot that low . Ive been low level up the Nigerian river deltas & feild's of Ireland , on test flights in a 212 ..... sitting in the side pocket with the doors off ...... I was petrified ..... followed by an autorotation that they didn't tell me about :megalol: ..... all I could hear was beeping from the cockpit , which I couldn't see , followed by a running landing into a field ..... I was bugg eyed at that stage .

So , no , I wouldn't trust no low level stuff , that low , and I work on em .