Radio issues

The radios are working now in mission 2....however it is misleading that AM or FM is stated to be tuned on the radios.

I left the first and third on ‚M‘ and it works. If I tune them to whatever’s required (AM or FM),nothing works!!!

This should be clarified in the mission description!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The radios are working now in mission 2....however it is misleading that AM or FM is stated to be tuned on the radios.

I left the first and third on ‚M‘ and it works. If I tune them to whatever’s required (AM or FM),nothing works!!!

they should always be on m. the top one is always VHF AM and bottom is always VHF FM

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Hey,

I know this can be misleading - correct radio use, I mean. I will do my best to upload a short tutorial tomorrow on how to use them properly.

Cheers,

BD

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

THIS is customer support! :thumbup:

That's one reason why i bought it again.

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

• 1 month later...

I was having issues getting wingmen to follow orders as well. I had always done easy communications up until doing this campaign. What I found out that I haven’t seen mentioned here is you have to use your mic switch and flip it to the correct radio before telling wingmen what to do. If you don’t have a mic switch look under Hotas commands and see what keyboard binding is set up for your mic switch forward, down, and aft. Forward is for vhf 1, down is for uhf, and aft is for vhf 2. VHF 1 is your forward most radio setting usually in the 100ish range, uhf is the middle one or 250ish range, and vhf2 is for the back most 30ish range. Watch the tutorial Baltic dragon showed earlier and then use your mic switch along with what he taught there.

Yes, wingmen are responding to all orders now. I bet the issues that folks are having with wingmen not responding is due to folks like me who have always used easy communication. With easy communication you don’t need the mic switch. Like everything in life you just don’t know what you don’t know.

• 1 month later...

Are the radio frequencies preloaded into the radios' presets? I've read that it is possible to do so for the mission makers, is it the case with this campaign? (not a fan of fumbling with radios in general and VR radios can be downright pain. Also it's a shame that simplified radio comms are not an option - but I am more of an FC3 pilot nowadays :))

Are the radio frequencies preloaded into the radios' presets? I've read that it is possible to do so for the mission makers, is it the case with this campaign? (not a fan of fumbling with radios in general and VR radios can be downright pain. Also it's a shame that simplified radio comms are not an option - but I am more of an FC3 pilot nowadays :))

A-10 does not give you that option - the only way is to set them up manually from inside the pit before takeoff. So probably not the answer you are looking for.. had it been possible I would have done it.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png