HARM 88

joojoo

i was talking about external jtac ops. of course if we had tgp, lgb is a ruthless killer.

btw, how should we find the exact point to drop the lgb without tgp and target waypoint? do we have to make a visual contact with the target?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

i was talking about external jtac ops. of course if we had tgp, lgb is a ruthless killer.

btw, how should we find the exact point to drop the lgb without tgp and target waypoint? do we have to make a visual contact with the target?

No, you just create a target waypoint. The JTAC or the buddy-laser-guy can provide you the coordinates which you then enter into the nav system. They don't even need to be precise, as the bomb will find the target by itself as long as it gets released somewhere in the vicinity.

It's the same as with the Mirage which has not TGP either and can only drop LGBs on other laser sources. Same thing with the F-5 too, although this one doesn't even has a HUD or a nav system to create waypoints, yet it still works pretty well.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

you dont need the exact point. You can eitehr drop the point on the waypoint where the targets are, or designate the target on the hug (MAN mode) and drop it. The bomb will track automatically.

A nice use case that is not possible with the MAV is that you come very low and loft the LGB and let it track by itself. No AAA will get you this way! ;) I have tried this with the Mirage, never with the Hornet yet.