2.5 Locking up after 15-30 minutes

Tiger-II

Hi,

I was doing some flying last night in the F-5, with a single F-5 AI, and after about 15-30 minutes, the sim just locked up. It was as if I had pressed pause.

The sound kept running as if it was flying, but didn't change.

I had to force quit the sim twice.

I was flying in Caucus.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

When you ctrl-alt-delete'ed to force quit did you happen to look at your RAM utilization in the task manager? I was having lock ups with 2.5 (something I had basically never encountered in 1.5/2.0) and it seemed to always correlate with my RAM being maxed out. Upgraded to 32 gig and no more problems here...

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Try checking your CPU and GPU temperatures, just incase they're getting a little warm.

MSI Afterburner is free and can do that for you. If you find the GPU is a bit toasty, also has the ability to put a temperature cap on things.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.