Harrier worth half off? - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-28-2019, 05:24 PM   #61
Marsvinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
I'm not sure if it's worth asking how you do it to avoid the crash, but it's not just me. Perhaps you missed the part about being on the Tarawa, or perhaps you set the button before turning something on, or perhaps its the data page.... it doesn't really matter. It's a bug, that can break the game. Feel free to reproduce it yourself. I've done enough work on it.

Try connecting ground power before you turn the knob to SEA. The Harrier is aligned with the help of the ships INS when at sea, which is simulated with the ground power connection in DCS. Guess somebody did not check if ground power is connected when it attempts to align using it. Create a bug report for this. It is a unique bug and not tied to the other INS CTD. Surprised nobody has found it before. But most of your other points are still valid.
Marsvinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:33 PM   #62
Shrike88

The Harrier is worth Half off. The development progress and updates however are not.
Shrike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:42 AM   #63
Mezsh

It's brilliant. Easily my favourite jet. A lot to learn, and a bitch to master, but very rewarding. The learning curve is STEEP! but very rewarding once you start to get the hang of it. Highly recommended. The only downside is if you don't have rudder pedals, you kinda need them for VSTOL Ops., just like flying a chopper. If you don't have any, get some, it's worth the £100 or so investment as it adds another layer of immersion.
Mezsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:30 AM   #64
Bartacomus

Default My first few weeks in the Harrier

I guess ignorance is bliss. I cant quite identify the bugs you guys are talking about. But it certainly has a few quirks that im trying to get used to.

It sure does seem to go non-ballistic occasionally, when the Kraken comes Snackin. For a while there i was putting her down in the water because no matter my speed the water would absorb me like jello.

Unfortunately, ive already begun to muddy my procedures and controls between the Warthog and the Harrier. So i get confused. IM not certain if im doing wrong procedures, if the module is buggy, or im flat out incorrect in application.

I originally was going to go with the Viggen.. but everyone said the same thing. "Organized Missions" and i dont have any multiplayer friends. Im limited to "Fast Mission" so.. as beautiful as the Viggen is i might go with something else for my 3rd mod.

So, after the beautiful Warthog, and the Harrier, what would YOU get? Fun and flyable .. and how polished and completed.. lol
Bartacomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:31 AM   #65
Bartacomus

You know, thats worth asking again

Of all the DCS modules.. which are the best in regard to final product, and which are the most buggy?

Which DCS modules are polished.. and which are quirky?
Old 12-07-2019, 04:07 AM   #66
zhukov032186

A stroll through their respective subforums would answer your question. Too much effort or something? Older modules will lean more toward completion than newer ones. You can.even simply scroll through the products page. Top is new, bottom is old

Last edited by zhukov032186; 12-07-2019 at 04:09 AM.
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 02:40 AM   #67
Bartacomus

Where i can appreciate what youre saying, its not as anecdotal or linear as that.

For instance. I bought the Harrier. Love it. It was worth every cent, just for the Helicopter hunting alone.

However, if someone had told me that JDAMS are worthless, that JTAC in single player is worthless. Wouldve bought another plane. I fly without labels. Short loiter time, no JTAC, no Labels.. i have to get shot at before i can find half the targets.

i didnt read about that in the forums during my research, hell i asked a couple people directly and they failed to mention the JTAC/JDAM problem.

Plus.. people loove to complain. And if its about DCS i love to listen.