New Community TS3 Server

mark35444

Hey guys and girls,

Just putting the word out there that there is a Team speak 3 Server running for all members/pilots flying DCS.

The Server is being hosted by AEF - Platform networks however this is more of a goodwill gesture to get our community interacting on a new level.

The way this is set-up is there are some channels set aside for public access, flying missions together, general chat. the rest of the channels are set aside for clans to have their own space for their meetings, missions, training etc.

Clans who wish to have their own private channels please PM me and I will organise that process and Moderator permissions to the appropriate people.

Those channel Details are 216.244.65.18:9990

Edited by mark35444
Update of Server Address
  • Like 2

VIPER

161 SQN AEF

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i7 7700X

Corsair H70 Cooler

Corsair DDR4 RAM 32 GB 2400mhz

2x Corsair Hydro GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SLI

Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TB

1200 watt Corsair PSU

ASUS 299 TUF MK II Mainboard

Corsair 800D Obsidian case

Bump

VIPER

161 SQN AEF

Intel i7 7700X

Corsair H70 Cooler

Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TB

1200 watt Corsair PSU

Any chance the mods can make this a sticky?

its for the benefit of the whole community, a free TS3 server for anyone and everyone to use!

VIPER

161 SQN AEF

Intel i7 7700X

Corsair H70 Cooler

Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TB

1200 watt Corsair PSU

Thanks, bookmarking now!

Hammer97 / Hendo97

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Intel®I7 950, 3.06 Mhz, 4 Core(s)/

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit/ Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB/ HD 6870 1GB DDR5/ 750w PSU/T IR 4/TH Warthog

Any chance the mods can make this a sticky?

its for the benefit of the whole community, a free TS3 server for anyone and everyone to use!

We, 3Sqn has a free Ventrilo server, 51st has a free TS server, 104th has a free TS server.....hope you see what I'm saying. Nice of you to offer another free comms server for everyone, bookmarked also.

Edited by Cali

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

This would be great if accompanied with a running server, giving info about the TS3 server upon entry. Possibly requiring users to see a DCS server password in TS3 once they've joined your TS3 server, requiring them to use voice comms. :)

I've noticed some of the sq's using this.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

:thumbup:1+ thanks Mark, will pass it around:thumbup::pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

• 2 weeks later...
Had a great session this morning with Hammer, Bunny and the guys.

Aussies and Americans, sure the time difference but with the right pings it was a hoot.

That was a lot of fun. Thanks guys.:pilotfly:

aka Hammer97

Hammer97 / Hendo97

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Intel®I7 950, 3.06 Mhz, 4 Core(s)/

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit/ Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB/ HD 6870 1GB DDR5/ 750w PSU/T IR 4/TH Warthog

• 1 month later...

Mate we game in this channel at all hours, as do other guys from many nations. We have Chinese, UK, USA, Canadian and USA guys sharing this portal. At all hours.

But due to the ebb and flow of gaming, sometimes there are 15 guys on at 1am in the morning or no one.

It's a bit of luck really, and depends on the day. The thing is, if you are playing then jump in this TS3 channel and guys will join you if they are online. That’s the good thing about this. Brings the community closer, no matter what the pings are.

It's getting bigger each week, but just log in and see what happens. The community is evolving.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 Squadron

Australia's DCS Community

• 4 months later...

Download Teamspeak 3 Client, it's free.

Go to the first post in this thread (or my sig) and add the address and port number (last 4digits) into TS3.

Press connect.

You must have a basic microphone.

If you can play DCS then I'm sure you'll work this out :)

Edited by Deigs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 Squadron

• 2 months later...

just stumbled about this thread and checked the server, my connection got a pretty high ping of more than 400...on our server I got a ping of 40 in the same time. Where is the server located?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

just stumbled about this thread and checked the server, my connection got a pretty high ping of more than 400...on our server I got a ping of 40 in the same time. Where is the server located?

Looks to be somewhere in Australia according to Google.

For me, wee hours in NY would be best for me. 4AM here is about 8PM the next day, eastern Australia, I think. I was playing with the guys in s77th last year from that area on their TS channel. I think they are tanking last I checked.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for the late reply. It's based out of Sydney.

We have guys from all over using the DCS Community Teamspeak with little issue: Australia, Japan, China, Canada, US, Afghanistan, UK.

Attendance varies due to when people game on their side of the world, but there is always someone online.

Last night we had about 25+ guys all piled into the teamspeak, jumping into DCS and saving the world. 161 SQN is currently running some open 'organised missions' each week and that attracts a crowd with a penchant for realism. This is what we have been up too over the last month. CLICK HERE

We also have a few 'side fringe channels' for those who want to play other supported sim titles like iRacing, BMS, and few other games. But DCS is the big title which the greater community flocks around.

Edited by Deigs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 Squadron

• 1 month later...