KUDOS to the DCS World 2.2 update !!!

Anatoli-Kagari9

Apart from overall performance increase in my rather old i5 2500, some new effects ( explosions! ), sounds update ported from 1.5.8 and also fine tunning at least of the Spitfire rudder, I can now play the Epsom Campaign with fps 40+, where I used to get down to single digit!

Really glad with this update!

:thumbup: DCS / ED

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

For me 2.2 in Normandy is a complete surprise in perfomance. Much much better. Even with my 1060 is running great now. Overall this update is one of the best, because the new content and changes-features,

So, yes, a big THANKS to ED.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thanks. In several ways, 2.2 is an early look at 2.5.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I checked it out yesterday. Awesome update!!! Thanks all of the ED team for this. You guys made my year.....................:smilewink:

Greetings from Tucson by the way, I didn't know that you were in Phoenix.

Agree, absolutely love it.

My trusty old AMD 8320 is still powering through well in 2.2 (1.5 is another story...), and my newly acquired 1070 is pushing hard and still getting pretty good framerates even at near-4k res and many maxed out settings.

It's absolutely gorgeous and smooth! Great work ED, can't wait for 2.5 so that everyone can submit to its buttery goodness!

Special kudos for the new WW2 enigne and gun sounds. A real game changer!

Agreed. The gun sounds were so weak before. I just watched Dunkirk and was wishing the guns sounded like that in DCS. When I logged in I was surprised to find that they now do!

The explosions are something I've been wanting for a looong time. Can't wait till they work for bombs.

I REALLY hope FLIR is the next up for a makeover.

I too have noticed a significant improvement in performance with this update. More fluid game play. They also finally fixed the too dark HUD with the bright green dot in the middle on the F15 when differed shading is selected. :thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass, Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero Z270, Intel Core I7 - 7700K, Gskill TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3200, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB, Seagate BarraCuda 3TB, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair RM750X, Windows 10 Home, Asus ROG PG348Q 34” 3440 x 1440 100hz curved IPS G-Sync monitor, Saitek X52 Pro Hotas, TrackIR V5

:thumbup: for the ED team. 2.2 is a really brilliant release and springs hope for 2.5 in the very near future!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I had setup a training mission on Nevada for Harrier with a few F-5 flights taking off just to add some life to the airbase while I'm starting up. The new sound is so amazing that I ended up just watching the planes making run on the runway and taking off.

The blue tint may be a personal preference but I like it as it makes the air more atmospheric. Explosion effects are really refreshing.

There is also a noticeable performance boost.

Many great things in one update and overall an extremely positive surprise :thumbup: Thanks ED !!!

EDIT:

Thanks. In several ways, 2.2 is an early look at 2.5.

I'm more than happy with 2.2. It already makes the 1.5 feel dated. If 2.5 is going to be even better than it'll be a huge step forward. More of a new version of DCS rather than "just" an extensive update.

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Haven't had a chance to update yet - Does the performance increase apply equally to Oculus Rift?

Certainly appears to be an improvement for me in VR.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Haven't had a chance to update yet - Does the performance increase apply equally to Oculus Rift?

Yup! Kudos for 2.2 regarding VR...

For me (i7 4790K@4.6GHz 16GB GTX970 Rift CV1 PD 1.5, 388.00 Nvidia drivers) it jumped from stutteringish 10-15 FPS to fluentish 25-45FPS (ASW)...

...the GTX970 simply doesn't cut it any more VR DCS-wise and a GPU upgrade is needed, but the card served me well for two years and it's actually time to say goodbye...

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...