Chuck's Guides - DCS Tutorial Library

Charly_Owl

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Chuck! Great guides! Any chance you'll do a C101 guide?

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

• 2 weeks later...
Updated UH-1 guide with EGT limits implemented with latest Belsimtek update.

AWESOME. Again, thanks for your contribution!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

How long for Harrier’s ?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Currently learning it myself... if there is too much missing or WIP stuff, doing a guide on the Harrier may provide negative training, I may have to wait a bit more. We'll see.

Currently learning it myself... if there is too much missing or WIP stuff, doing a guide on the Harrier may provide negative training, I may have to wait a bit more. We'll see.

Yes, sure. It’s a good point. It’s better to wait a sort of final release. Thank you.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Updated Mirage guide. There could still be some small mistakes but so far, I think I should have the following up-to-date:

-Nav tutorials

-Magic II and Super 530 tutorials

-Air-to-Air gun procedure updated

-Air-to-Air refueling switch updated

-Typos fixed

• Like 1

Updated Mirage guide. There could still be some small mistakes but so far, I think I should have the following up-to-date:

-Nav tutorials

-Magic II and Super 530 tutorials

-Air-to-Air gun procedure updated

-Air-to-Air refueling switch updated

-Typos fixed

Un grand merci ! :thumbup:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Thank you for your work.

Much appreciated.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

First off, a HUGE thank you to Chuck for all the work done on these guides. I am getting back into DCS after about a 5 year hiatus (real world conflicts). Anyway, ahead of a major computer upgrade for World 2.5 and the Hornet module, I want to get back into the swing of things and fly the A10C.

That all being said, I downloaded the A10 guide and considered getting it printed. Has anyone done this? Since the guide is done in powerpoint the actual printed PDF is 14x11.5. I thought about printing on regular (8.5x11) paper but am concerned about losing detail as images and text compress to fit a smaller form factor.

If others have done this, could you share your experiences - would you do it again with a new guide from Chuck? IDK, maybe I just keep it electronic and leverage his work that way.

FWIW, I didn't see this question anywhere else in this thread. Hopefully this wasn't discussed elsewhere.

Thanks.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Chuck love your tutorials. they help a lot thats why I'm asking this. would it be possible to get you to to do a couple more on the following:

A). Mission Editor

B). lus scripting for dcs missions

C). Voice Attack

I understand today your tutorials have all been learning to fly the different aircraft. but there is a second and third level to flying a dcs mission. but there's more to it than operating the aircraft you need a mission once you manage the aircraft then voice attack is more an easy/realistic way to communicate in dcs from the you tube video I watched. but it was so fast pace that unless I watched it 10 times pausing it and writing the info down I still might miss something like I have and your approach to these tutorials are surpurb. please do it.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

@BlacleyCole I don't really have an interest in doing guides for those subjects, sorry. Chaps at the MOOSE project do it much better than me already ;)

Also: Updated Spitfire and P-51 guides with overall improvements and a new section on supercharger operation.

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 1