Fuel tanks (travel pods) on both inner pylons

Cintra

As stated, that is a travelpod, theya re actually available for the A-10C in DSC, anf they are used for amongst other things lobster runs.

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Ya want those conformal fuel tanks in ya christmas stocking eh ;) :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They're so a pilot can literally drop his laundry off at home... "honey, yeah... that thud you heard? My laundry is on the lawn... check the shed will you? One of the pods went a little long.... byeeee"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dirty bomb? ;)

Official name is MXU-648 and they are already in game, used by the A-10C so why not add them to the F-16? I already have a topic running about this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250510

RIG SPECS:

-Win 10 professional

-i5 8600k @5.0GHz

-ASUS Maximus X Code

-Samsung 960 Evo 256GB M2 SSD

-Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M2 SSD

-32GB DDR4 RAM @3000MHz

-Asus Strix 1080 Ti 11G

-LG 34UM68-P Monitor

Notebook:

-Win10

- 2018 ASUS ROG GL703gs-E5011T

(i7-8570H, 16GB DDR4, 256GB M2 SSD,GTX1070 8GB.

Ya want those conformal fuel tanks in ya christmas stocking eh ;) :)

Seriously!

The reasons for the USAF not utilizing them is freaking absurd.

"Seeing as USAF F-16s never fly in combat without multiple external fuel tanks, which greatly hampers the jet’s performance, aren’t CFT’s a no-brainer? It would seem so, but the USAF uses some seemingly backward logic when it comes to not procuring them for their Block 50/52 F-16 fleet, which is the top-of-the-line, youngest F-16 sub-fleet in the USAF’s inventory.

From what I have gathered over the years on the topic via talking to pilots directly and seeing mentions of the decision in publications from time to time, the USAF justifies not procuring CFTs because it already has so many tanker aircraft. Additionally, in a major air battle they don’t need the extra weapons stations freed up by the inclusion of CFTs as a great advantage because they can simply assign more F-16s to target set. For longer-range strike missions they can use the F-15E or even a bomber.

These justifications, and the fact that although the CFTs don’t inhibit daily line maintenance and inspections when fitted to the aircraft they do take a couple hours to remove for heavy duty servicing and phase inspections, seems to be entire reasoning behind not equipping American late model Vipers with CFTs."

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/why-dont-new-u-s-air-force-f-16s-use-these-futuristic-1712746714

Yep, those are Travel Pods...or TDY Pods as we called them in my Eagle and Viper Days...it kept us from ending up stranded somewhere without civilian attire although the flight suit at the bar was a hit with the ladies!

In regard to multiple fuel tanks, in my 20 years, I never saw a Viper or an Eagle with 3 tanks unless it was a ferry flight across the pond. Most CAP over the Persian Gulf was 2 tanks for Vipers and eagles and we did local sorties (training) with one tank.

Finally, although you can find photos on the web of 3 tank configs and centerline empty pylons, our Eagles and Vipers never flew with the center pylon unless something was attached to it. (1982-2002)

Push it up!

JUICE

Edited by =JUICE=

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]