This is getting old (no carrier ops)

Love_Beam

Yep, bet the folks in Italy are pissed about the lack of carrier ops this morning. Especially when more free stuff is coming.

Wtf is wrong with some of you people??

Ps

Flame away regular trolls. But I’m just honestly disappointed that there are people that can think this way. Block me, flame me give me an account warning. Just don’t care.

Stay safe.

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Yes you can. Just revert to 2.5 stable. See, such a chore.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Reverting to 2.5 eliminates the Tarawa fixes, not such a great solution. The super carrier has been delayed so it just doesn’t seem to be too much to expect the current carriers to be restored to functionality. Not everyone has bought the super carrier and they expect to have the originals functional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2.5 isn't really "stable". It's a version of DCS we had with the exact same bugs we had minus any fixes we've gotten since updating the open beta branch.

Plus, people that want to fly on popular MP servers won't be able to. Your "fix" isn't a fix.

People who say to use Open Beta our own risk and that if we don't like bugs we should be on Stable should themselves be forced to actually use Stable for a month and then tell us all about how it is so "Stable" and reliable and how there are only minor bugs sometimes.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have both you presumptuous, over entitled, spoilt ingrate. I use the OpenBeta for that which it was designed - to assist ED in testing new features and the security of legacy functionalities in a more varied hardware environment. I have the Stable for reliable play.

No one forced the OpenBeta on you - you chose it, you chose to get your new toys early, you chose to pay less for it, you chose to participate in OpenBeta programme and all the issues that can bring. This is the cost. If you don't have the wit to comprehend that the onous is entirely upon you then tough excrement chum.

i'm done. It's tiring arguing facts to people who's IQ level is not much above a cold bowl of soup.

i'm done. It's tiring arguing facts to people who's IQ level is not much above a cold bowl of soup.

Then stop reading threads that will only necessitate you into arguing with us common soup brains...

I completely agree with OP, it's frustrating to have weeks go by and be unable to use the product as intended, then to hear about the issues we will face with the Supercarrier module.

Fingers crossed for the Forrestal in the coming few weeks...

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

I have both you presumptuous, over entitled, spoilt ingrate. I use the OpenBeta for that which it was designed - to assist ED in testing new features and the security of legacy functionalities in a more varied hardware environment. I have the Stable for reliable play.

No one forced the OpenBeta on you - you chose it, you chose to get your new toys early, you chose to pay less for it, you chose to participate in OpenBeta programme and all the issues that can bring. This is the cost. If you don't have the wit to comprehend that the onous is entirely upon you then tough excrement chum.

You responses are appalling toward fellow players and violate the expected code of conduct with your personal attacks. ED broke carrier ops a month ago. We expect movement toward restoring major item functionality. If you are ok with broken, then be well, and choose another thread.

I have both you presumptuous, over entitled, spoilt ingrate.

I'm confused.

Who is presuming what?

How is a customer who pays for a product wanting that product to work being "over entitled", exactly?

Who is a spoiled ingrate? Did someone give something to us or did we pay for the product?

I use the OpenBeta for that which it was designed - to assist ED in testing new features and the security of legacy functionalities in a more varied hardware environment. I have the Stable for reliable play.

I'm sure you are a diligent Beta Tester who documents all your inputs to the software and the various outputs to ED. I'm sure you document all your drivers, the Windows patch you are on, and all the other software installed on your computer at the time you were giving these inputs, you know because you are "using" the Open Beta "to assist ED in testing." They must be very glad to have you on the team!

No one forced the OpenBeta on you - you chose it, you chose to get your new toys early, you chose to pay less for it, you chose to participate in OpenBeta programme and all the issues that can bring.

You must be a mind reader. That's exactly what everyone attempting to read your post was thinking and choosing, and you definitely nailed us on all our motivations. #Inspirational

This is the cost. If you don't have the wit to comprehend that the onous is entirely upon you then tough excrement chum.

If you cannot spell the word onus, you probably are not the sort who should be using it. Perhaps it is not the people you are so upset with who have a problem with comprehension.

I am sure you were rage typing but when you accuse others of having a low IQ you should at least go over your post for errors. #GrammarIsHard

Also the idea that you are done acting like this makes me laugh.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reverting to 2.5 eliminates the Tarawa fixes, not such a great solution. The super carrier has been delayed so it just doesn’t seem to be too much to expect the current carriers to be restored to functionality. Not everyone has bought the super carrier and they expect to have the originals functional.

I didn't realise that the Tarawa had received fixes. Tell me more.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I think this guy needs a vacation for a week.....:music_whistling:

OpenBeta, use at your own risk.

It is perfectly feasible to run carrier ops in 2.5.6, just have to use some workarounds:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4242799&postcount=21

Took me all of 2 minutes on each cat (though admittedly 3 was a problem) to work out these get rounds.

Must try harder guys, seriously.

That needs to be a sticky or something. I stayed on 2.5.5 for a long time to avoid these issues but haven't been able to cat launch since 2.5.6 (including latest). I had tried steps 1 and 2 though not 3, so will try that next.

I've been going to the back of the boat and doing a short afterburner takeoff lol

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Yep, bet the folks in Italy are pissed about the lack of carrier ops this morning. Especially when more free stuff is coming.

Wtf is wrong with some of you people??

Ps

Flame away regular trolls. But I’m just honestly disappointed that there are people that can think this way. Block me, flame me give me an account warning. Just don’t care.

Stay safe.

Internet is serious business.

The "no one forced open beta on you" argument is only true if you are a single-player-only user of DCS. For those who primarily play multiplayer, there is a "soft" enforcement of open beta because the overwhelming majority of multiplayer servers are on open beta. There's also the incentive to go for open beta because all the new modules come to open beta weeks or months before stable.

So maybe there is no enforcement of open beta, but there certainly is a hell of a lot of persuasion to go for open beta.

The "no one forced open beta on you" argument is only true if you are a single-player-only user of DCS. For those who primarily play multiplayer, there is a "soft" enforcement of open beta because the overwhelming majority of multiplayer servers are on open beta. There's also the incentive to go for open beta because all the new modules come to open beta weeks or months before stable.

So maybe there is no enforcement of open beta, but there certainly is a hell of a lot of persuasion to go for open beta.

And the definition of beta according to ED doesn't match industry standards of the word. So to new players the concept is inherently misleading. So misleading in fact it needs to be clarified on every store page. Beta generally Implies that there is a set time period in the future when the product will be finished. If we're going off industry standards of the word; 'Beta' DCS and all its aircraft have been in 'Beta' for upwards of 10 years at this point. Knowing that ahead of time, might stop more then a few people from participating all together because the product can be so unstable at times. So they decided to re-define the words meaning. Which enables them to essentially have no accountability to their customers, whilst still providing a relatable term that people can latch on too. So every-time we voice concern about time frames and problems they can just point to their definition of the word, and say something like; "you knew what you signed up for, and no one forced you"

Changing the definition of words is a very effective tool of thought control, and legal evasion.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Holding the nose wheel strut down for a few seconds before the salute did the trick for me.

Then DCS crashed. I am able to play the Hornet without the game crashing but 3/3 with the Tomcat. I'm thinking might revert back to Stable 2.5.5.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2