[NO BUG]Comm Radio

e33et

Good evening ED,

I've struggle to setup my Tacan and issue to communicate with the airfield i'm pretty sure that i did in the right order, but when i'll trying to speak to the airfield i got no respone back even if i setup the correect radion channel or frequency, nothing happens, tried both on land and in the air.

Best regards

e33et

• ED Team

Hi

thank you for the track.

When you enter the TCN also ensure you turn it on using the on/off button, and once you have the correct TCN number and turned on ensure you have boxed it in the HSI.

Regarding comms make sure you have the correct frequency and are using the correct mic switch for comm1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Any chance Simple COMM is turned off in USER settings/EDITOR Options? If so, be sure to use the advanced COMM modifiers of Right ALT for COMM 1 and Right CTRL for COMM 2. Cheers,

JUICE

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

thank you for the track.

When you enter the TCN also ensure you turn it on using the on/off button, and once you have the correct TCN number and turned on ensure you have boxed it in the HSI.

Regarding comms make sure you have the correct frequency and are using the correct mic switch for comm1

yes i'm sure that i've have TCN enabled in HSI and correct TCN number or manual frequncy but all i've here is radio noise and i got no answere back from airfield tower on Batumi.

Regards

e33et

• ED Team

All seems to be working for me, take a look at my track replay.

batumi comms and tcn.trk

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Forgot the comm switches!

Okey i think i forgot the comm 1|2 switch button on my hotas i've checkd three diffrent tutorial on youtube, so think i'am beginning to understand the radio technology I hope. :thumbup:

Kind regards

/e33et

Edit: Still not working for me, i've tried many times and did exactly as u with corrrect frequncy, but got no answere back from the tower. i saw it worked for u but i don't understand that it doesn't work for me, and i tried to verify integrity of game files and reinstall serval times, and still no luck.

Edited by e33et

Still not working for me even if i typed in correct frequncy, and did a complete reinstall but without succcess :mad: I wonder if i'm the only person that have issue with radio COMM with ATC?

I've uncecked Easy Communcation and Radio Assits, but have Allied Flight Report checked.

Regards

e33et

Still not working for me even if i typed in correct frequncy, and did a complete reinstall but without succcess :mad: I wonder if i'm the only person that have issue with radio COMM with ATC?

I've uncecked Easy Communcation and Radio Assits, but have Allied Flight Report checked.

Regards

e33et

Are you getting the comm menu to pop up in the top right corner of the game at all when attempting to contact the tower?

On your comm 1 or comm 2, have you depressed the push button next to GRCV?

Following steps of above are both yes.

1. \

2. F5

3. Appropriate ATC selection

4. F1 for inbound

5. Enter pattern

6. Then after they clear you for visual, contact tower

7. F1

If step 1 doesn’t work for you, the following might be applicable:

Depending on whether you are flying in a server that requires the use of in flight comms, you need to use Ralt or Rctrl plus \

Then use steps 2-7

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Hello daarseth,

Thank u for u quick tip :thumbup:

Are you getting the comm menu to pop up in the top right corner of the game at all when attempting to contact the tower?

On your comm 1 or comm 2, have you depressed the push button next to GRCV?

Following steps of above are both yes.

1. \

2. F5

3. Appropriate ATC selection

4. F1 for inbound

5. Enter pattern

6. Then after they clear you for visual, contact tower

7. F1

If step 1 doesn’t work for you, the following might be applicable:

Depending on whether you are flying in a server that requires the use of in flight comms, you need to use Ralt or Rctrl plus \

Then use steps 2-7

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Okey didn't know that i had to press GRCV button cause it has already : before GRC, but is flying in pattern is a must before u can get reply from ATC? i mean as long u are in range near airfield u should be able to get reply when if coming straight forward.

Regards

e33et

Edited by e33et

To cover the obvious, because it's not clear from your posts: you know radio comms and TACAN are two completely different things, right? TACAN is a navigational beacon only and has absolutely nothing to do with talking to the tower. I didn't look at your track, so if this is a stupid question I apologize.

Okey didn't know that i had to press GRCV button cause it has already : before GRC, but is flying in pattern is a must before u can get reply from ATC? i mean as long u are in range near airfield u should be able to get reply when if coming straight forward.

GRCV (Guard Receive) shouldn't have anything to do with talking to ATC, they don't talk on Guard. Further, enabling GRCV on a channel only allows you to listen to Guard on that channel not transmit on it, so it would doubly have nothing to do with speaking to ATC.

You're correct, the UHF radios have a pretty long range. You should easily be able to talk with ATC from 60+ miles so long as there isn't a mountain between you and the airbase.

To cover the obvious, because it's not clear from your posts: you know radio comms and TACAN are two completely different things, right? TACAN is a navigational beacon only and has absolutely nothing to do with talking to the tower. I didn't look at your track, so if this is a stupid question I apologize.

GRCV (Guard Receive) shouldn't have anything to do with talking to ATC, they don't talk on Guard. Further, enabling GRCV on a channel only allows you to listen to Guard on that channel not transmit on it, so it would doubly have nothing to do with speaking to ATC.

You're correct, the UHF radios have a pretty long range. You should easily be able to talk with ATC from 60+ miles so long as there isn't a mountain between you and the airbase.

Yea i know it's diffrent things, but i still can't get Radio comms to work, i have double check my frequency and that i'm using correct am/fm band watched bigney's track and Grim Reapers, RedKite, Spudknocker etc. I simply can't get it to work after enter the correct frequncy and Appropriate ATC selection when is asking persmission to taxin to runway it's just a silence and then digit display on radio dissapear after attempt.

I'll upload a new track so u can see what i mean!

Radio-comms.trk

Edited by e33et

Yea i know it's diffrent things, but i still can't get Radio comms to work, i have double check my frequency and that i'm using correct am/fm band watched bigney's track and Grim Reapers, RedKite, Spudknocker etc. I simply can't get it to work after enter the correct frequncy and Appropriate ATC selection when is asking persmission to taxin to runway it's just a silence and then digit display on radio dissapear after attempt.

Quick and dirty video, showing contact to ATC batumi with Comm1(should be 1440p soon)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• ED Team
Do u need to press and hold comm switch while contacting the tower or is't just to bring upp the radio menu?

Just press once to bring up the radio menu, then use the radio menu

Just press once to bring up the radio menu, then use the radio menu

okey thx, i willl test again btw did u use steam edition when u attached your track?

Edit: Now i got it to work, I'll forgot that u had to press comm switch before to be able to talking to (ATC), srry for being noobish :doh: and thx for u all for guide and tips.

Merry Xmas to u all!

Edited by e33et