Cannot get Thrustmaster Hotas Joystick in sync with DSC

sonicd0012

Hello, I just got the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog and fired it up in DSC but when I move the Thrustmaster joy stick forward/left/right/back the ingame stick doesnt respond the same. I have to move my stick like half an inch for the game to register and then its not a smooth transition which makes precision flying not working.

Using Windows "Setup Game Controllers" configuration, the system picks up very fine joystick/throttle movements in the box perfectly so the hardware is not an issue.

1. I downloaded the TARGET software and updated the joysticks to the latest firmware but i have not actually done anything in the TARGET software. I do not have any profile or any association selected. I only have the "Enable Hardware Deadzone" active.

2. Inside the game, under Control settings

I have looked at my Axis Commands in the DSC for A10C Game/A10C Real for Pitch/Roll, I see the Joy Y and Joy X are showing in Pitch/Roll. Under Axis Tune, the Deadzone is 0 and Curvature i set to 0 as well. When moving the joystick in the Axis Command, the slightest movements register perfectly but not in game.

I also tried to set the curvature to 20 for Pitch/Roll and still no fix.

Am I meant to configure something in TARGET?

Do the Joysticks work perfectly for DSC or setup is required?

Does the ingame stick actually sync up with the real stick precision at all?

zQnzeSf.jpg

pLkFFGe.jpg

crQey2p.jpg

Edited by sonicd0012

Hi,

I have used target software in the beginning but it's just a mess (many threads in input/output section) so I use only the in game control assignment menu.

Have you tried deactivating the "hardware deadzone" in target?

As a second suggestion I would run the TM calibration (not windows) and take it from there.. when you start the game, don't start the target software and see if it works ;)

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

Hi,

I have used target software in the beginning but it's just a mess (many threads in input/output section) so I use only the in game control assignment menu.

Have you tried deactivating the "hardware deadzone" in target?

As a second suggestion I would run the TM calibration (not windows) and take it from there.. when you start the game, don't start the target software and see if it works ;)

Hi, where is the TM calibration?

Should the ingame joystick move to the slightest push on the stick?

Hi, where is the TM calibration?

you'll need to contact their support as I don't think you can find it by default (I did a quick search on the TM website but found nothing).

Should the ingame joystick move to the slightest push on the stick?

yes

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

Hello, I just got the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog and fired it up in DSC but when I move the Thrustmaster joy stick forward/left/right/back the ingame stick doesnt respond the same. I have to move my stick like half an inch for the game to register and then its not a smooth transition which makes precision flying not working.

According to your description, everything seems to be set up correctly and should work fine. What you describe is definitely not normal: with no curvature in DCS, the A-10C should be very quick to respond to your real joystick inputs.

First I would double and triple check that no other controllers and no other devices are bound to pitch and roll (doesn't look like it in your screenshot, but maybe there are more columns that don't show on the screenshot?). XBox controllers and rudder pedals often get assigned pitch and roll in DCS and then your controllers kind of fight for dominance until the double assignments have been removed.

In the game's options, make sure "Force Feedback" is not checked.

Maybe too obvious, but did you test it in flight? On the ground, before engine start, the in-game stick is almost de-coupled from the jet. Only after engine start, when hydraulic power is available, will the stick start to move like it should, and it's only with both engines running (and both hydraulic systems pressurized) that the speed of the control surface deflection matches stick input.

Also, if you start in a mission where the autopilot is on at mission start, or if you activate the autopilot yourself, it's possible to "break" the jet out of autopilot, but it takes quite a bit of stick deflection to do that, and when it happens the VMU (aka Bichtin' Betty) should tell you "Autopilot!". Probably not what happens in your case, but it would fit the description a little.

If all else fails, I'd try to rename Saved Games\DCS, start DCS (which will re-create this folder), re-do the most important config settings and try again in a quick start or instant action mission with just the axes properly assigned.

Finally, DCS Repair (All Programs -> Eagle Dynamics -> DCS World -> Repair DCS World) might be worth a shot.

Let us know if any of this helped.

Hello,

I have repaired the DSC game and still no luck. I noticed when i push down on the stick, the stick in game actually pulls up for a second then it goes down. When i pull back on the stick in the game it registers the move but the stick literally appears an inch back instantaneously, acts like its mapped to a keyboard button when clearly the keyboard buttons are not mapped. I have tried everything possible but i still cannot figure out why its not smooth.

Edited by sonicd0012