[REPORTED]New Beta patch issues 03 june

Talonx1

In the F18 at night in VR there's all sorts of smudge around the cockpit in what looks like a bubble about 10' across (visual scale in VR). It's obviously some sort of texture map as you can see the polar coordinates pinching at times. It also seems to change when I hop into a different plane. I thought maybe it was some sort of canopy reflection issue at first but its still there, actually even brighter with the canopy open.

There's also some wacky random smudging on the NVG goggles. Sometimes they are completely clear and then I can load a new plane and it's so covered in bright smudges they become completely useless. Only way to get rid of the bubble is to turn gamma completely down. Then I can't see shit else outside the cockpit either. And the only way to get rid of the smudged goggles is to load a new plane.

Also theres some sort of null space box in the middle of my hud that obscures hud display. Its fairly small, only a little bigger than the size of a targeting square and any hud projection that crosses it just vanishes. Models and environment render fine behind it, just hud projection passing across it that vanishes. As if someone stuck a stamp on the hud projector lens. It sits just below and left of center.

There are some obvious lighting changes that overall look pretty good but these problems are really hard to look through.

Lastly the cannon at night... Maybe it's accurate I dunno but firing that thing at night now creates a massive blast. It's like I've got a fireworks display strapped to my nose.

Edited by Talonx1

Just a suggestion; Bright smudges sounds like same issue as here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=274486

EDIT; After screenshots appeared, realised probably not caused by this at all.

TIP: Always post screenshots when reporting visual problems so people don't interpret the wrong picture you tell.

Edited by JasonJ

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

xt1FdMC.png

9azu8gU.png

Those "clouds" for lack of a better word sit just a few feet away from the viewer and exist as a bubble around me. Those were taken after removing all mods and deleting fxo and metashader2 folders. In the top image you can clearly see the polar pinching of the map. It looks like the old dust/dirt map thats being blown out by the new lighting. I turned up the gamma in the top shot to make the effect more apparent in a screen shot but it pretty closely represents what I see in VR at normal gamma levels. In the nvg shot the "clouds" are there but not the bright smudges I mentioned before. However what looks like a bright light or perhaps the moon on the top left is not. Its a baked in glare that moves with my head movement.

Edited by Talonx1

Only noticed it today after the last update - different smudge shapes for each eye in VR make me dizzy when looking up. I had to lower my gamma to 1.1 to remove it in Rift (but creating problems for day flights).

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR