Official Campaign thread

baltic_dragon

Hey guys,

As the campaign is progressing and is beginning to get some shape, we thought that it would be good to create a dedicated thread where you could read more about the background, ask questions and watch some teasers which are planned for the coming weeks. There have been two other threads before, so I will try to group them in one place.

THE STORY

12 August 2008

A ceasefire between Russia and Georgia is signed under the auspices of EU, led by the French Presidency. A six point peace plan is adopted, envisaging non use of force, cessation of hostilities, granting of access to humanitarian aid, return of Georgian troops to usual quarters, withdrawal of Russian forces and opening of international discussions of the modalities of security and stability of South Ossetia and Abkhazia. UN is set to formalise the deal. EU call for international peacekeeping mission is rejected by Russia.

15 August 2008

Russian forces bomb the highway connecting eastern and western Georgia, destroy the railway bridge at Kaspi, a lifeline to Georgia’s economy. Moreover, the Russian air force unleashes a series of air raids on Borjomi National Park, using fire bombs to inflict serious damage on what is regarded as a national treasure. Georgian government protest in the UN Security Council. Special resolution condemning Russian actions is vetoed by Moscow. France, feeling especially responsible for maintaining the ceasefire, sends a strongly worded warning to Russia.

31 August 2008

Russian troops begin erecting fences and checkpoints at the ABL with South Ossetia and Abkhazia. Georgians protest again, but UNSC has no room of maneuver as it is blocked by Moscow. France warns Russia for the second time, and is backed by all EU-countries. NATO issues a strong statement, calling for immediate fulfilment of the 6-point plan.

10 September 2008

US and France agree on the details of their next pilot exchange programme and decide that the training will take place in Georgia, as a sign of good will for the authorities and a warning to Russia. 2 USAF pilots will be flying Mirage-2000C's as part of 12-ship squadron sent to Georgia during a deployment planned to start in January 2009. Americans provide AWACS, C&C and transport planes.

11 November 2008

Exchange of fire between Georgian soldiers and Russians in Orsantia, part of Georgia proper annexed and still controlled by the Russians. Russian jets overfly Georgia on numerous occasions, dropping several bombs and destroying a pipeline from Turkey. Ankara calls for establishing a "no-fly" zone over Georgia and breakaway territories for Russian planes. This issue is raised at the extraordinary NATO meeting, but no decisions are taken.

December 2008

Russian planes enter air space over South Ossetia and Abkhazia numerous times, although they are no longer stationed in Abkhazian bases. They also fly over Georgia proper. NATO issues another warning, UNSC remains blocked.

20 January 2009

Pilot exchange programme begins in Georgia.

25 January 2009

Today.

BACKGROUND

Player will be one of the US pilots on exchange programme in the French squadron. The campaign itself will start with several training sorties, during which experienced Instructor Pilots will be giving advice and describing the functions of main M-2000C instruments and systems. However, Russian actions at the border will be getting bolder with time, which may lead to very serious consequences...

OTHER INFORMATION

The first part of the campaign will become a basis for separate and more in-depth training sorties which will become available at the same time as the campaign. Not long after the same training missions will be released for Nevada.

All missions will be story based, with quite a lot of voice acting. They will use realistic radio settings, meaning that in order to be able to fully follow all orders and instructions you will have to tune in to correct frequency on one of the two radios.

*EDIT* and just to make sure everything is clear - this is the campaign that will be released with the final version of the module. It is not a DLC.

CAMPAIGN PREVIEW on Mudspike

And link to other topics about the campaign:

Mirage 2000C campaign?

Any training missions, or campaigns?

Campaign/mission creation assets needed

Edited by baltic_dragon
  • Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

CAMPAIGN TRAILER #1

First of the series of several videos that will be released as the work on the campaign moves on. Mind you, this is a WIP and not the official, final trailer - more a way to share the progress. Enjoy!

Second trailer, describing progress between missions 4 and 6 of the campaign.

Trailer number 3, based on missions 7 and 8. Enjoy!

And the fourth and final trailer.

Edited by baltic_dragon

Nice, i like the idea of the exchange programme . What systems will be covered during the flight instruction? I mean certainly radar usage, weapons employment, etc. but have you planned to include others things, like nav system, ILS landing...?

ILS is already in, startup, HSI, INS (once implemented), A-A refuel (already in), CCIP / CCRP bombing, TACAN (already covered), radios (already in), FBW (already in), A-A combat... Mind you, prior reading of the manual will be nevessary (after all, exchange pilots have quite an experience on F-15s), so I will be focusing on differences in some places. Of course even during training sorties there will be surprises plus some background information about jet's history and interesting real-life events.

First three missions only have more than 230 lines recorded, some of them as long as 40-50 seconds. Which can give you an idea of where it is going :music_whistling:

ILS is already in, startup, HSI, INS (once implemented), A-A refuel (already in), CCIP / CCRP bombing, TACAN (already covered), radios (already in), FBW (already in), A-A combat... Mind you, prior reading of the manual will be nevessary (after all, exchange pilots have quite an experience on F-15s), so I will be focusing on differences in some places. Of course even during training sorties there will be surprises plus some background information about jet's history and interesting real-life events.

First three missions only have more than 230 lines recorded, some of them as long as 40-50 seconds. Which can give you an idea of where it is going :music_whistling:

:thumbup:

Look really nice.

That's a nice background (even if I will be a french pilot, acting as an US pilot :D )

You will be an US pilot flying a French jet. The Exchange Programme is a good excuse for having a USAF pilot in M-2000C (and actually was done in real life) and also a good excuse to get a training part in the campaign itself!

Pilots in russian forum thread already start manual translation (from english to russian). So russian manual and included translated campaign will increase Mirage 2000C sales in russian speaking community. IMHO

Good point, that! I notified the devs.

You will be an US pilot flying a French jet. The Exchange Programme is a good excuse for having a USAF pilot in M-2000C (and actually was done in real life) and also a good excuse to get a training part in the campaign itself!

Yes I understood, but IRL I'm french :P

But that's a nice idea to get that training part :)

I'm really looking forward for that whole campaign :pilotfly::joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I understood, but IRL I'm french :P

But that's a nice idea to get that training part :)

I'm really looking forward for that whole campaign :pilotfly::joystick:

LOL, yeah, I misunderstood you :doh:

As things stand in the NTTR campaign I am planning to work on next, you will be flying a French pilot in a French jet, so don't worry ;)

If all goes well first teaser trailer will be ready and out tomorrow!

Hmm, looks really sweet. The fact that the campaign will be a part of final Mirage version makes me quite inclined to buy the plane :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Very nice.

If I may suggest somethings :) ...

-multiplayer/dual players

-France allied with Russia

- "Let's be bad guys"

Could you include from the beginning the possibility to play the campaign in multiplayer with at least one friend? Like the AI wingman be a client or also a client.

Although "most o the players are single players" meme is true, it is also true that the ocean has a lot of fish in it. There is a big market for multiplayer also and it can be tapped with small steps or "lure". I, for example, although I have all of DCS Modules (minus 2 subdeveloped trainers) never played more than 5-6 missions in any campaign. Sorry... It just gets boring for me, so I prefer to play with few friends campaigns we build for our selves. Most of the times we role play "bad guys" or "gone rogue squadron" usually in "Cold War" settings.

Also, For me... it seems France is more close to Russia than many would like to admit :) so I would love also campaigns with some sort of Normandie-Niemen like squadron.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Very nice.

If I may suggest somethings :) ...

-multiplayer/dual players

-France allied with Russia

- "Let's be bad guys"

Could you include from the beginning the possibility to play the campaign in multiplayer with at least one friend? Like the AI wingman be a client or also a client.

Although "most o the players are single players" meme is true, it is also true that the ocean has a lot of fish in it. There is a big market for multiplayer also and it can be tapped with small steps or "lure". I, for example, although I have all of DCS Modules (minus 2 subdeveloped trainers) never played more than 5-6 missions in any campaign. Sorry... It just gets boring for me, so I prefer to play with few friends campaigns we build for our selves. Most of the times we role play "bad guys" or "gone rogue squadron" usually in "Cold War" settings.

Also, For me... it seems France is more close to Russia than many would like to admit :) so I would love also campaigns with some sort of Normandie-Niemen like squadron.

WTF ?

Ok no politic here...

Nice teaser with a very nice accent, whose accent is it for the background voiceover ??? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]