X-55 Question

I have 2 questions actually.

1. I am trying to set "Ripple Interval Increase/Decrease" to Rotary 4 and "Ripple Quantity Select/SPPU Select" to Rotary 3. The problem is I am simply getting too many inputs over the range. I need an input say every 1/5th of the range for Rotary 4 and every 1/3 for Rotary 3. Right now I am using the directional axis option. It works but it changes the rotary in game so fast as to be almost useless.

2. How do you set a modifier in the X-55 software. Here is an example. When playing Black Shark and setting my controls using DCS when I hit my thumb button it trims. When I hit the thumb button AND the pinky button (the modifier) it resets trim. How do I make the X-55 software do that?

• Like 2

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check this video from Froogle. You are looking for axis mapping around 11 minute.

As far as I know you cannot add modifier in X-55 software. At least I did not find a way how to do it.

[ame]

[/ame]
  • Like 1

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

I appreciate that. This very video is where I learned how to set the rotaries to begin with. However following this video I am simply getting inputs too fast for it to be useful. His seems controllable in the BS. Maybe that is because he is in a DCS airframe as opposed to a FC airframe, or perhaps it is because it is an earlier version of DCS World.

I am still in need of assistance if anyone has any suggestions.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was experimenting with this too when I had X-55 and frankly found only half working solution.

You can add delay for the key presses (how long they are held) which gives you a small window where you can return the axis to neutral position. This probably does not solve your issue though.

You can also define more bands than 3 and change the percentage of space they occupy which allows you to create a certain field of steps where each field will do different thing. You can have empty fields in between to stop the endless stream of pressed keys. But eventually you will run into a problem where you will simply not know in what position the rotary is.

The only really working solution I came up with for rotaries were two stage bands. When the rotary is in a neutral position (easily recognizable by the detent) it does nothing. When moved forward or backwards it does either a key press with certain delay or an advanced command and you have a small time window to move the rotary back to neutral position without making any more unwanted key presses.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.