DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

You want the full install for v1.1.1.1.

It is here.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi Guys

I have just installed dcs warthog on to a high spesk computor. I have also bought a thrustmaster hotas. The problem I have is the game starts and I can access the menu and have the sound,but when I click on training etc the screen gives me a picture of the warthog and starts to load then nothing else hapens. I have left the game like this for half an hour but it still does not load. Any help will be apreachated.

What hardware and OS are you running? More information please.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi Guys

I have just installed dcs warthog on to a high spesk computor. I have also bought a thrustmaster hotas. The problem I have is the game starts and I can access the menu and have the sound,but when I click on training etc the screen gives me a picture of the warthog and starts to load then nothing else hapens. I have left the game like this for half an hour but it still does not load. Any help will be apreachated.

I've had the loading screen hang sometimes about 1/3 of the way on the progress bar. It stays there indefinitely. However, if I move my mouse and try clicking it enters the mission. You may have already tried this but it has worked for me.

Hi Guys

Hi BlueChip. As said before by chichlidfan: we need to know some things about your rig to be of help.

What CPU? RAM amount? Graphicscard and Driver? etc. and especially what OS? Win 7 64-bit?

Check with low settings and the Instant action, if DCS starts at all.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi Guys

Hear go's, I am not very good with computers

Prosser

Intel cor i7-2600 (3.5ghz,8mb l3 cache)

Operating System.

Windows 7 home premium 64-bit

Ram

8 gb ddr3

Graphics Card

NVIDIA GeForce GT 545 with Pure Viveo hd technology

Hard Drive

2000 gb + internal HDD bays

Optical disk drive

Blu-ray Player

Memory card reader

15-IN-1 Memory card reader

Video interface

1 DVI (VGA via adapter) 1HDMI

I hope this helps. Please be as gentle with your replies as I am of an older generation.

Relax mate! I guess the majority in this forum is in the 40ies or 50ies :D

We old grumpies are the usual SIM-addicts...

That PC should be fine. Win7 64-bit is also OK.

Did you do a fresh install on that machine?

When asked to install DirectX 9.0c and Visual C++ during the installation did you do it (klick OK)? Both are required because Win7 by default doesn't provide DirectX 9 libraries (they are "old").

Did you try to go to the Options and set "LOW" settings, then simply launch the "Instant Action" and see if this works!

Did you edit any(!) of the lua or settings files?

The loading time for a longer/complex mission can take some 2-5 min according to my experience, but 30 min plus is definitely a problem.

Do you have multiple controllers (other than the Thrustmaster Warthog) attached? If yes disconnect them to ensure they don't interfere.

Do you use a Multimonitor Setup or the usual one Screen?

When you installed A-10C did you use a different Joystick before the TM Warthog? Maybe controls-configs are messed up?

I remember I had a similar issue once with a conflicting mission file from an older beta release version... the thing is you said you used the training, which shouldn't be conflicting.

Try running the DCS A-10C as Administrator (right click on the A-10C launch icon and left click "Run as administrator").

That's all I can think of in the first place.

If this still doesn't work look for a crash log and post it here.

(snipped from Nate--IRL--'s signature) :music_whistling:

DirectX (June 2010) Here

Microsoft Visual C++ Here

Providing a DXdiag Report Here

Win7 \ Vista Crash Logs are here C:\Users\<User Name>\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Logs

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi Shagrat

The computer and the game and the hotas were all purched new last week

I have tryed all the sujestions ane still the game goes to loading with 3 dots and stayes there. I have been looking farward for weeks to play the Sim. but it is doing my head in. I have reistalled and downloded direct as instructed, am I dowing some thing wrong.

Edited by Blue Chip

Just so I'm not beating my head against the wall here :music_whistling: I take 1.1.1.1 is the most recent version of DCS A10c, as i been a noob trying to patch 1.1.1.6 yeah ok ok I'm a lil slow.:pilotfly: It's just frustrating spending 4 days dl'n an redl'n tryin to get this to run.

Edited by Call911

Just so I'm not beating my head against the wall here :music_whistling: I take 1.1.1.1 is the most recent version of DCS A10c, as i been a noob trying to patch 1.1.1.6 yeah ok ok I'm a lil slow.:pilotfly: It's just frustrating spending 4 days dl'n an redl'n tryin to get this to run.

I would suggest uninstalling what you have and installing 1.1.1.1 which is the latest verstion. There is a higher version but it's part of DCS world.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Yeah thats what i did, but just A10 as trainin in DCS World is bugged an i needs lots an lots of training 8)- u know what they say about assume well thats what i did in thinking i needed to patch confused for a lil there thanx for the help. :thumbup:

If you have A-10 installed now and it is not 1.1.1.1 then uninstall it and delete the saved games folder which is in USers/your user name/Saved Games/DCS A-10C.

Then these four files.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=8&end_pos=135&lang=en

Ignore the one that says 1.1.2.1 for now.

Put the files in a folder and install.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

How do you create waypoints in mission editor? Can't find the icon for it???

Highlight your airframe, click 'add' and thereafter just left-click with mouse at location of WP.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Thanks.

Can you mark objects like outposts as waypoints?

How do you add an airframe if you delete it by mistake?

Edited by JCamel

If the telegraph pole takes off after you, it is not a telegraph pole.

Can you mark objects like outposts as waypoints?

Yes, just place the WP on the object (or as close as) and ensure the WP altitude is at ground level.

How do you add an airframe if you delete it by mistake?

Click on the Fixed-Wing aircraft icon to the left of the ME screen and click on the Map where you want to put the airframe.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I'm having real trouble with this for some reason. It's not saving and it's starting me off with no weapons???

Do I have to click Generate Mission or something or is that just for random generation of missions.

I've designed a mission with 1 roadblock and 6 MLRS vehicles. I have an airframe and 2 waypoints and a weapons load selected. I click to play and it just flies from the F2 view? I.e. no F1 view. What's happened?

Documentation for the Mission Editor can be found in the GUI manual for A-10C, here.

Yes, just place the WP on the object (or as close as) and ensure the WP altitude is at ground level.

Cheers.

Click on the Fixed-Wing aircraft icon to the left of the ME screen and click on the Map where you want to put the airframe.

I've clicked on the F16 icon and added an A-10C but it appears to be someone else flying it not me when I click to fly the mission.

Cheers.

I've clicked on the F16 icon and added an A-10C but it appears to be someone else flying it not me when I click to fly the mission.

Unless you set the aircraft skill level to 'player' or 'client' it will be an AI controlled aircraft.

• ED Team

when you select a aircraft in the editor you need to assign the weapons.

have a read of the gui manual in \DCS A-10C\Doc\DCS A-10C GUI Manual EN.pdf

mission editor starts at page 51

all the answers are there :)

edit by the time I typed everyone had snipped me, I am getting old and slow lol

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2