MY BUDDY CANNOT SEE MY SERVER

Badger633

Hi hopefully some one can shed light on an intermittent issue my buddy has.

Most of the time I set up a server and my buddy joins using the IP method. Works great no problems.

Recently however on two separate occasions now he tries to connect using my IP and is told Server not on line. I am of course.

When he is in this state and can not see me on line his multiplayer screen only has two servers showing not the myriad that there normally is and when it comes to the map list on the multiplayer server screen there are only two maps shown not all the maps he has. These last two points might not be related but appear when he has this problem. On my computer and multiplayer screen I have the myriad of servers shown and all the maps I possess in the drop down list.

Firstly let me say I have port forwarded.

The strange thing is on another night we will try again and it all works without him changing anything.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Are you running stable or open beta? If open beta it’s possible that one of you are updating before the other one. If your DCS worlds are not the same version you can run into this issue. Other then that, double check that your IP address that you are using is static or reserved in your modem settings. Sometimes modems will rotate or shuffle the IP address each time you connect to the internet. I ran into this issue and had the same problem. If that’s occurring it could explain why it works one day and not the next. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for that Campell will check it out.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.