Magnetic heading correction multiplayer. (KM-8)

Arink429

Hi.

For magnetic declination correction in Nevada map, the KM-8 correction pointer must be moved to 0 for reliable heading indications (!! Another issue I guess). This instrument is placed on rear cockpit right console. When flying in single player mode I can move to rear cockpit for a while for this task and return to front cockpit for continue preparing the flight. I have both CW and CCW functions mapped on the joystick, but I noted that they only work from the rear seat. In multiplayer mode I’m not able to perform this task because the correction knob does not move from the front cockpit.

Is there an effective way to moving this knob from the front cockpit?

Thank you.

Antonio.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

Nope. Most pilot's don't even know how to operate it or what it is for, or even how to look at it so you can see the setting either, so asking another person to go back there and set it is not easy.

Moot point as magnetic correction is kind of borked in DCS and not as in real life (if I remember it correctly).

I truly miss flying my L-39. New system after Christmas...

For magnetic declination correction in Nevada map, the KM-8 correction pointer must be moved to 0 for reliable heading indications (!! Another issue I guess).

Working as intended.

The RMI (HSI) displays true bearings, not magnetic (as found in most western aircraft). Which is why the default DCS setting of the KM-8 corrects for magnetic declination.

Note: RSBN stations are aligned with true north and their radials/bearings similarly aligned. TACAN/VOR are aligned with magnetic north.

With respect to Nevada, the L-39 is consistent with other modules.

Nellis AFB, RWY 03 (40°T)

L-39ZA

• RMI = 40°T = F10 map

• backup compass = 28°M = F10 map - 12° Magnetic Variation

A-10C

• HSI = 28°M

F-15C

• Magnetic compass, HSI and HUD = 40° = F10 map (due to FC3 modelling limitation)

AV-8B

• EHSD and HUD = 40°T or 28°M (depending on mode)

Note: A-10C CDU Magnetic Variation, 1 June 2011 = 12.3 E

Tested DCS Open Beta 2.5.3.23225

Edited by Ramsay
Test L-39 at Nellis

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080