Working on AJS-37 Profile for DCS-BIOS

pdmarsh

I am working on a control profile of the Viggen for DCS-BIOS. Most of the commands and feedbacks needed can be found in the clickabledata.lua and mainpanel_init.lua files. However, I have not yet been able to find where argument numbers are assigned to the error panel lights. Those argument numbers are needed for the defineIndicatorLight function within DCS-BIOS. I did find a lua file for the error lights, but it appears to be an initialization file. The numbers there did not work for me.

If anyone knows where these argument numbers are stored, it would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Paul

Can't help with the question you have, but further on I would be happy to assist when it comes to (bug)test and evaluation.

I planned to do this also, but with two small kids and a ongoing pinball restoration the available spare time for this is zero ;) I do appreciate that you started this process.

Can't help with the question you have, but further on I would be happy to assist when it comes to (bug)test and evaluation.

I planned to do this also, but with two small kids and a ongoing pinball restoration the available spare time for this is zero ;) I do appreciate that you started this process.

Thanks BravoYankee. Developing these DCS-BIOS profiles is indeed time consuming. After this, I'm not sure how many more I'll be able to contribute.

Paul

I am working on a control profile of the Viggen for DCS-BIOS. Most of the commands and feedbacks needed can be found in the clickabledata.lua and mainpanel_init.lua files. However, I have not yet been able to find where argument numbers are assigned to the error panel lights. Those argument numbers are needed for the defineIndicatorLight function within DCS-BIOS. I did find a lua file for the error lights, but it appears to be an initialization file. The numbers there did not work for me.

If anyone knows where these argument numbers are stored, it would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul. Great to hear work is ongoing on a DCSBIOS module for the AJS37. Have a rough plan for a build in early spring but so far it's only a .. plan. Got the module installed but havn't digged in to it yet

On the road currently and only got a copy of the basic lua files with me (mainpanel, clickablecockpit and devices.lua) and those was grabbed from the early intro of the AJS37.

Got same result as you looking in these so no help from me sorry.

I do find a "elements["warnpanelcheck-PTR"] = default_button(_("Warning Panel Light Test"), devices.ERRORPANEL, 3002, 344)" but no 'ERROR' panel listed under devices.lua, can't say if current version is the same and wonder if the indicators might be defined under a separate device. Might be a longshot though, far from skilled in the matter.

Any luck with DCS:WITCHCRAFT and probed the global environment ?

Recommend to post a quiz under 'home cockpit' thread in a new thread to see if IAN or some there have missed this thread and have an answer already. Another options is to query the guys on masterarms.se but I guess most there probably follow this forum anyway.

edit, scrap the note of missing errorpanel, it listed as device 29 in my devices.lua

Best

/Gus

Edited by Duckling

- - - -

Working on AJS-37 Profile for DCS-BIOS

I am unfamiliar with DCS BIOS but are you asking for the argument numbers for the individual lights on the caution-panel (errorpanel)???

Edit: if so here they are

Left indicator table

406Brand 1

407Brand 2

408BRÄ UPPF

409X-TANK BRÄ

410Tank Pump

411Landställ

412Förv förbj

413Nosställ

414Vställ

415H-ställ

416Tippväxel

417Elfel

418Reserveff

419Hydra-TA 2

420HYDRA TA-1

421AFK FEL

422EJ REV

423OLJETRYCK

Right indicator table

424SPAK

425Håll funk

426RHM fel

427Rollväxel

428CK

429Kabinhöjd

430huv o Stol

431TÄNDSYST

432STARTSYST

433MAN BG REG

434SYRGAS

435BRÄ 24

436BRAND GTS

448TILS

438NAV SYST

439KB-V SLUT

440KB-H / KA SL

441FACKL SL

442MOTVERK

443LUFTBROMS

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Hi Paul. Great to hear work is ongoing on a DCSBIOS module for the AJS37...

Best

/Gus

Thanks Gus,

The profile is coming along, but it might be a little while before it's complete.

It looks like RagnarDa, below, was able to provide what I need.

Paul

I am unfamiliar with DCS BIOS but are you asking for the argument numbers for the individual lights on the caution-panel (errorpanel)???

Thank you, RagnarDa! This is exactly what I was looking for.

DCS-BIOS, I believe, was developed primarily for cockpit builders using an Arduino microprocessor for control inputs and reading outputs. Profiles are built up for individual modules, converting DCS inputs and outputs into a language DCS-BIOS and Arduino programs understand.

We, ArturDCS and I, use DCS-BIOS in a program called DCSFlightpanels which allows Saitek Pro Flight Panels, and in particular the Radio Panel, LEDs and displays, to be used with DCS modules.

Thanks again,

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

I have submitted a pull request to have the AJS-37 Viggen profile merged with DCS-BIOS. However, I do anticipate having to update the file at some point. I ran into some problem areas, which I'll note below, probably due to the fact that this module is still in Early Access.

Here are some items not yet included in the DCS-BIOS profile as I was not able to create a control function that worked. I suspect that many of these are less than critical, but here they are:

Clock Setting

Stopwatch Start/Stop (control argument number is "0," which is wrong, I believe)

Maintenance Test Mode

Drysuit Ventilation Adjustment

Cabin Air Valve (does not work in cockpit)

Missile Select Button (does not work in cockpit)

Radio Volume Control (knob behaves oddly in cockpit)

Windscreen De-ice Knob (also behaves oddly in cockpit)

IFF Code (not functional in cockpit)

Radar Brightness

Altimeter Setting (argument also set to "0," which must be wrong)

Autopilot Yaw Trim

Backup ADI Cage

HUD Brightness

Max G Reset (button does not work in cockpit)

Roll Centering

Snabbresning (no idea what this does)

Magnetic Declination Adjustment (knob does not work in cockpit)

IR Missile Uncage

IR Missile Fast Select

Oxygen Pressure

Master Volume for Sidewinder

Many of the device numbers in the device.lua file do not match what is actually used in the code. After device number 11 or 12 they are all off by 3 consistently. I was able to determine the correct device numbers for the DCS-BIOS profile.

Just FYI, really, but I found the following duplicated keyboard commands and controls in the code:

Duplicated Keyboard Combination

{combos={{key='W',reformers={'LCtrl','LAlt'}}},down = 3408, cockpit_device_id = devices.FLIGHTDATAUNIT, value_down =1.0, name = _('Parking brake'), category = _('Flight Control')},

{combos = {{key = "W", reformers = {"LAlt","LCtrl"}}}, down = 3969, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPON_SYSTEM, value_down = 1.0, name = _("Weapon selector turn counterclockwise"), category = _("Weapons")},

Duplicated Controls (these are my DCS-BIOS lines, but the original code is duplicated as well)

defineToggleSwitchToggleOnly("AFK_MODE_3", 22, 3402, 464, "Flight Data Unit", "AFK Mode 3")

defineToggleSwitchToggleOnly("AFK_15_DEG_MODE", 22, 3402, 464, "Flight Data Unit", "AFK 15 Deg Mode")

Thanks,

Paul

Edited by pdmarsh

• 3 weeks later...
Any updates regarding this? I would be happy to assist as a BETA tester or something.

I was hoping this would be included in the recent release of DCS-BIOS, but it didn't make it. I had some trouble with uploading my files to GitHub. That's all sorted out, so hopefully there will be another release of DCS-BIOS soon. Otherwise, this profile is ready to go. I'll look forward to any feedback once it goes live.

Thanks,

Paul

I was hoping this would be included in the recent release of DCS-BIOS, but it didn't make it. I had some trouble with uploading my files to GitHub. That's all sorted out, so hopefully there will be another release of DCS-BIOS soon. Otherwise, this profile is ready to go. I'll look forward to any feedback once it goes live.

Thanks,

Paul

Looking forward to it - thanks for putting it together!

Snabbresning = fast erect. For the main ADI...

I found the fast erect button in the cockpit (on the left side of main ADI, not on the bottom as indicated in the manual) and it works in the cockpit. However, I can't find the argument number for this control. If anyone happens to know that, please post it and I'll add this control to the DCS-BIOS profile.

Thanks,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

We are running into a bit of a problem integrating this module into DCSFlightpanels with regard to the FR22 radio. While we can get the knobs on the Logitech Radio Panel to change frequencies on the virtual radio, we can't read back the frequency numbers themselves for display on the Radio Panel. We probably need the equivalent of this code from the Ka-50 module, as an example:

R800Revolve1			= CreateGauge()
R800Revolve1.arg_number	= 424
R800Revolve1.input		= {0.0, 1.0}
R800Revolve1.output		= {0.0, 1.0}
R800Revolve1.controller	= controllers.R800Revolve1

If anyone from Heatblur, or someone familiar with the code, can provide such output data for the FR22 radio frequency indicators, that would be great.

Thanks,

Paul

fr22.jpg

Edited by pdmarsh

• 11 months later...
I was hoping this would be included in the recent release of DCS-BIOS, but it didn't make it. I had some trouble with uploading my files to GitHub. That's all sorted out, so hopefully there will be another release of DCS-BIOS soon.

How did it turn out? I'm just getting into DCS Bios - but couldn't find AJS37 included? Are you still working on it?

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

• 1 month later...

I have the same question. I fell in love with the Viggen, but my Arduino background isn't so serious that I can dig into such things to that extend. :( So I am just waiting patiently untill Viggen is added to the controls-reference.html, so I can copy-paste code lines.

Keep it up guys, we are counting on you! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: