Weapons update?

Schmidtfire

Probably it will be this armament:

2FZuUKD.jpg

Keep in mind that the Sea Eagle was never actually fitted to this aircraft, the developer put it to be used on fictional scenarios.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Those are mock-ups fitted to a chilean A-36 (chilean C-101 designation) for showing up at the airshow FIDA 1986 ... the real missile was never actually put on service, instead Chile chose to equip Cougar Helicopters with the Exocet missile (like this: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Chile-Navy/Eurocopter-SH-32-Cougar-AS-532SC/452498)

Here is a video, on minute 4:05 you can see the demo of this C101, but as said, they are just aerodynamic mockups:

Ekc1CbqrHkU

Best regards

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks Rudel_chw!

Maybe Aim-9L should be added to the armament list? Im not 100% sure, but I think that Aim-9L is a more common sidewinder model on the export market than the more advanced Aim-9M..

Chile uses (or has used) the old Israeli made Rafael Shafir II ir missile. I would love to see that as an option, but that requires more work as there is no avalible model in current version of DCS :(

a36-i.jpg

That's an interesting photo, where the Chilean Air Force's censor has erased the aircraft's ID number :) ... here is another photo of this weapon:

shafrirhalcon.jpg

I dont have more information about it :(

From wikipedia:

"The improved Shafrir-2 was soon introduced in 1971, and it proved to be one of the most successful air-to-air missiles ever made. During the 1973 Yom Kippur War, the IAF launched 176 Shafrir-2 missiles, destroying 89 enemy aircraft. The Shafrir-2 was exported along with Israeli-made aircraft to South American countries."

So that makes a lot of sense seeing it on Chilean aricrafts. It belongs to the Python-family of missiles. Seems to be a rear-aspect missile (Python-3 was next in line with all-aspect capability)

A very impressive total of 106 kills during it's service life!

If its has the capability but just has never been used... I want sea eagles.

I agree 100%.....its not like we put amraam missile on L 39 ,if they put a mock up on c101 it means that it can be used , now if nobody do it is not our problem :)

Edited by Tarabostes

A weapon needs more than just a pylon to hold it, the aircraft has no radar, how would you find a target at the range a Sky Eagle is capable? If you like the antishipping role, you need to try the Viggen :)

A weapon needs more than just a pylon to hold it, the aircraft has no radar, how would you find a target at the range a Sky Eagle is capable? If you like the antishipping role, you need to try the Viggen :)

Yes you right about that but lets see how Aviodev will manage to do it:thumbup:

I'm aware it wasn't in the historical one but Chile did have a role in ot amd could again in a future conflict. And who knows if we'll ever get an exocet...

Chile intended to use the Sea Eagle'd C101 working on a team along with a specially modified Beechcraft equipped with an air-surface radar and communications equipment to relay the target coordinates to the C-101 ... this one:

B99_FACH_frontright.jpg

On DCS, a better stand-in for the Exocet equipped Super Etendards, would be the Viggen and its Rb-04E :)

Best regards

Yes, It should be possible.

From wiki:

"Once launched the Sea Eagle is completely autonomous, with the flight and target seeking completely controlled by the on-board computer system which functions according to programmable options covering a large set of cruise, search and attack options, including a simple, pre-programmed 'point and shoot' mode that allows it to be carried by basic aircraft without radar, using targeting information radioed to the pilot from external sources or even visually located by him, with the missile's short minimum range assisting this. Other modes integrate with more sophisticated weapon systems and sensors and allow Sea Eagle to be programmed during flight by the parent aircraft using targeting data from the aircraft's on board radar sensors or via off-board data-link networks."

So just like Viggens Rb-15F missile, it is capable of being fired in a simple "point and shoot" mode.

• 2 months later...

I feel if it's not been used in real life then has no place in DCS. Adding fictional weapons is not historically accurate . Im sure down the line a module with a sea eagle will turn up . If we start adding fictional weapons this could get out of control .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .