A Joy To Fly

Sn8ke_iis

I finally got to mess with it today and really enjoyed it! Excellent addition ) I'll be getting it for my father tomorrow on the Steam launch and we'll two seat it for his basic flying familiarity (he's not a DCS noon, he's a aviation noob :p)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Can somebody try to explain in what way this airplane is different than any of the ww2 planes? I very welcome use them, as I usually get my plane stalled (at least that is what I believe it is doing, flipping around suddenly and not reacting to input) all the time while fighting the Ai.

Would I enjoy the yak?

So far compared to the Spitfire which I have the most time on:

-Way easier to taxi, take off and land. It has a nice wide tricycle landing gear with good visibility over the nose as opposed to the Spittie which is a taildragger with a narrow undercarriage and a long nose.

-It will definitely stall but it is very forgiving. I stalled way too close to the ground trying a hammerhead and will still able to recover before I augered in. Spin recovery is easy once you nose down and get air flowing straight over the wings again.

-You also don't have the power of the Merlin in a Spittie or a P-51. Dogfighting is all about energy management, trading altitude for airspeed, and vice versa. You have a finite amount of power for vertical maneuvers. Even when dogfighting in jets with afterburners, the pilot who manages his energy better and can think in 4 dimensions usually wins. The basic principles haven't changed since Oswald Boelcke.

Discovered something interesting today....

If you happen to stuff your Yak into the lovely plowed fields of Normandy, the parts scattered about after the fire goes out are .. Spitfire parts! Specifically one wing with the gear extended and the horizontal stab + elevators.

Just an FYI...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got the Yak during the sale and encountered no problems whatsoever.

In fact it is one of the best if not THE best module I have seen so far. Completely enthused by it right now.

This should be everyone's first plane from now on, I am learning so much and it's rewarding to actually bing the plane home every time, finally a plane that even I can land without any problems :D