Make AI SEAD flight not turn away from SAMs

Darcaem

I cannot find the way to make my AI SEAD pilots to actually engage with SAMs. I'm trying with 4 F16s with 2 HARMS, 6 AGMs and pod, and 2 F18C with 4 HARMs each, they should get near Hormuz and then attack 4 SAM sites and 1 AAA site near Bandar Abbas. But what is actually happening is that as soon as they are near (I imagine when their RWRs detect the threats or when they got illuminated by the SAMs) they just turn away and RTB with their payloads.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong. This is what I have tried:

1.- Set the flights task as SEAD and leave it by default.

2.- Set the flights tasks as SEAD but remove the Reaction to threat = Allow abort mission option

3.- Set the flights tasks as SEAD but remove default SEAD task and Reaction to threat. Set a custom Start enroute task SEAD

4.- Set the flights tasks as SEAD but remove default SEAD task and Reaction to threat. Set custom Perform tasks Attack group

5.- Set the flights tasks as SEAD but remove default SEAD task and Reaction to threat. Set a custom Start enroute task SEAD and set custom Perform tasks Attack group

I also tried these moving the waypoint closer or further away from the SAMs, and with high and low altitude.

All of the above result on all them turning away as cowards :huh:

EDIT: there are no more threads that the SAMs. There is an enemy CAP that gets destroyed by the friendly CAP before the SEAD flight gets there.

1338187437_Sinttulo.thumb.png.f2daf1682fb0051c1c51428abf4609f7.png

Try reaction to threat = evade

Also, I can see several "attack group" waypoint actions in that screenshot, they might be interfering with SEAD.

Yes, that was the fifth option I tried.

I have now tried just with SEAD and reaction evade, but the same, they just turn away and flee.

Thanks though for your input!

This is the mission file, by the way.

8f.miz

Weird, AI SEAD works when I use it in the Caucasus map (I don't own the PG map, so I can't take a look at your mission, sorry).

For, instance, you'll see that SEAD AI groups in this test mission actually engage the AA groups.

As I said, I think that those "attack group" waypoint actions that you have in the screenshot might be causing trouble, try removing them and work with "search then engage" instead.

Also, I guess it wouldn't hurt if you put that waypoint 5 closer to the AA groups.

Edited by Hardcard

I have a mission where 3 AI F-16s form a SEAD flight to take out 2 SA-15's, TASK set to SEAD. Each F-16 has 2 HARMs only. At attack WP, Advanced WP Action set to ROT = EVADE FIRE; ROE = ONLY DESIGNATED; ENROUTE TASK = SEARCH THEN ENGAGE IN ZONE (SA-15's in the zone). Place attack WP at least 15 mi. from targets, as AI like plenty of time to maneuver for weapon deployment.

The SEAD flight does destroy both SA-15s, though their maneuvering takes a bit of time.